Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General » Municipality IPT?
Municipality IPT? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:12 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie
Pictures: 0

Is there such a thing? A friend is selling their house and has just received a bill for this. I thought there was only IPT payable to the tax office not your local council as well. The house is in Ayia Thekla.....Maggie Larnaca

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Yes, it equates to the English council tax.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:06 pm Reply with quote
lindask

Yes there is a tax payable to the local council,it's not a huge amount in Liopetri,but the council don't send a bill--we have to go into their office and ask how much we owe.....
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:06 pm Reply with quote
journo
Pictures: 17

Larnaka and Agia Napa Municipalities are two which send out local IPT bills.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:21 am Reply with quote
bromerzz

Deryneia sends out Municipality Tax demands to the registered Title Deed owner.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:42 am Reply with quote
beersmaggie

So what you are saying is that there is IPT government tax and what we call community council tax? Some councils call it an IPT tax also? I thought that was for rubbish collection etc or is this not the case? .....Maggie Larnaca

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:58 pm Reply with quote
journo

beersmaggie wrote:
So what you are saying is that there is IPT government tax and what we call community council tax? Some councils call it an IPT tax also? I thought that was for rubbish collection etc or is this not the case? .....Maggie Larnaca

The bill for Refuse Collection is totally separate and identified as such.
The local IPT bill clearly states that that is what it is.

Agia Thekla is part of Sotira Municipality, and the JCC Smart payment site appears to offer a facility to pay taxation bills to Sotira.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:57 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

beersmaggie wrote:

Yes - we pay 3 lots of Taxes
IPT to Central Govt
Local Property Tax - to the Municipality
Refuse Collection Tax - to the Municpality

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:32 am Reply with quote
mark
Pictures: 2

bromerzz wrote:

IPT to Central Govt

That's the one that's been abolished now though isn't it?

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:25 am Reply with quote
bromerzz

Yes supposedly

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Wait and see.....

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Hamish

After living in Oroklini for 21 years my wife and I retrned to the UK, mainly due to health issues. It was only when we settled up at the Oroklini Improvement Board (Synboulio) that we found out we had to pay this tax. It is not collected annually because the amount is not that large. However after 21 yeasr it had grown to just over 100.
I can't remember the exact figures, but from 1996 it was (then the equivqlqnt of) a few euros each year, then it "jumped" to be over nine euros per year, which I think it still is, but don't hold your breath!
The board will provide an itenised account shoul you wish.

Hamish

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:45 pm Reply with quote
journo

You appear to be very lucky, Hamish.
I don't know anyone in Voroklini who has had such low IPT bills - and we've been settling many for friends/neighbours/aquaintances over the past 10 years Shocked

Post: #14   PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Hamish

Hi Journo

Thanls for your comment. My post was sent relying on my hinsight of the event. Afreter checking what I actully paid to the OIB it turned out be 300.79, substatially more but not too bad for 21 years.

My apologies

Hamish
Municipality IPT? 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General