Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question » Revoking Power of Attorney
Revoking Power of Attorney 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:33 pm Reply with quote
billibob
Pictures: 0

Hi Nigel,

My neighbours, who live in UK, gave PoA to a solicitor to sell their property but as the sale has fallen through, they wondered how they go about revoking their PoA. Can they just send an email to the solicitor involved?

Thanks for any info.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Jacs
Pictures: 6

Will they no longer be using that solicitor?

If so, send letter/email of intention to discharge including any PoA to be cancelled.
Or just an email cancelling PoA's, asking for reply email that your email has been acted on.

HTH

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:23 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

Hi Billibob

An email along the following lines will do the trick:

Dear name of old lawyer

Please accept this email as notice of our intention to discharge you as our lawyers henceforth.

All and any powers of attorney which you hold are revoked. (if applicable)

We would appreciate your confirmation of receipt of this notification together with written confirmation that your fees have been paid in full.

Please send our file to;

Name and address of your new lawyer

Thank you for your prompt attention.

Regards,

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:17 am Reply with quote
Dave B

That should work Nigel but it all depends of which crook of a lawyer you are using. With a certain well known lady in Paphos, I had to go in and ask to see the power of attorney, but they refused to return the original to me. So I wrote across both pages "Cancelled" and signed the alteration. Job done.

Nigel I bet you can guess who?

An interesting clause in the original we had already scored out was the ability for this lawyer to transfer our property to herself or as I recall family members etc. Apparently many clients don't read all the small print.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:18 am Reply with quote
billibob

Thanks so much Nigel. Just what we were looking for.

Thanks again.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:21 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

Dave B wrote:
Nigel I bet you can guess who?

Now let me think... Maybe the one who was fined a paltry 1,000 by the Cyprus Bar Association for misconduct - see
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Regards,

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:48 am Reply with quote
Dave B

Not that one Nigel - even better known, perhaps your second choice?

The bizarre thing about this lady is when she said to me, "I don't go to court myself" so I can't help you now. So she charged me 1000 to take my papers away (which I had to pay because you can't change lawyers where there are in the old lawyers opinion outstanding fees.) Then she gave me 2 bottles of cheap red wine because it was Christmas.

So ripped me off 1000 and gave me wine as a Christmas present - bizarre Rolling Eyes

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question