Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Exchange Money & Rates » Exchange Rates Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post: #21   PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:20 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Pictures: 0

Nationwide Credit Card carries no charges for Foreign currency purchases.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:18 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Woodrow Why?at wrote:

I have both a Nationwide Debit and Credit card, the only reason I moved to Nationwide many moons ago was because of the fee free cash withdrawals with their debit card. Unfortunately they changed their t&c and put a stop to this service. With their CC you still get charged if you use an ATM..
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #23   PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:23 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

sugarray1955 wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

I have both a Nationwide Debit and Credit card, the only reason I moved to Nationwide many moons ago was because of the fee free cash withdrawals with their debit card. Unfortunately they changed their t&c and put a stop to this service. With their CC you still get charged if you use an ATM..

Quite correct in what you say........but I did specifically state "purchases"! Cool

Post: #24   PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:19 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

Quite correct in what you say........but I did specifically state "purchases"! Cool

True Smile
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #25   PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:49 pm Reply with quote
CyprusForMe
Location: Having escaped the near-death experience of Sofia Bulgaria, happily living in Frenaros

sugarray1955 wrote:
CyprusForMe wrote:
HSBC Premier does not incur charges. That is what I use.

According to the HSBC UK website it DOES incur charges if withdrawing from an ATM, screenshot below from the HSBC website?????? And as the majority of posters on here are asking about the exchange rate with Sterling I think the answer I gave is more relevant. If yours is UK based please tell me how to get one that has no charges.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

US -based.

Post: #26   PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:52 am Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

Woodrow Why?at wrote:

They stopped offering that a good while back.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #27   PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:36 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

CyprusForMe wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:
CyprusForMe wrote:

According to the HSBC UK website it DOES incur charges if withdrawing from an ATM, screenshot below from the HSBC website?????? And as the majority of posters on here are asking about the exchange rate with Sterling I think the answer I gave is more relevant. If yours is UK based please tell me how to get one that has no charges.

US -based.

What use is that to someone who wants to exchange sterling and that is the exchange rate being asked for.... Rolling Eyes

Post: #28   PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:48 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Tangutica wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

No, there are still no charges on their Credit Card for purchases! Confused

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #29   PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:57 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Tangutica wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

No, there are still no charges on their Credit Card for purchases! Confused

Totally correct Smile

Post: #30   PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:00 am Reply with quote
CyprusForMe
Location: Having escaped the near-death experience of Sofia Bulgaria, happily living in Frenaros

sugarray1955 wrote:
CyprusForMe wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:
CyprusForMe wrote:

US -based.

What use is that to someone who wants to exchange sterling and that is the exchange rate being asked for.... Rolling Eyes

The original post asked about exchanging money in Cyprus vs the Uk in banks. Then someone else commented that there was only one debit card that offered a no fee exchange rate and I replied that my USBC Premier account offered a no fee exchange at the ATM. So the topic got off on a tangent (as they often do here) and I was just pointing out that there are other debit cards that do offer no fee ATM exchanges.

I know it is hard to believe, but there are people here who are not from Britain. Rolling Eyes

Post: #31   PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:59 pm Reply with quote
sugarray1955

CyprusForMe wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:
CyprusForMe wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:
CyprusForMe wrote:

US -based.

The original post asked about exchanging money in Cyprus vs the Uk in banks. Then someone else commented that there was only one debit card that offered a no fee exchange rate and I replied that my USBC Premier account offered a no fee exchange at the ATM. So the topic got off on a tangent (as they often do here) and I was just pointing out that there are other debit cards that do offer no fee ATM exchanges.

I know it is hard to believe, but there are people here who are not from Britain. Rolling Eyes

But the majority are from Britain Rolling Eyes And people are asking about the pound to euro exchange rate, does Nick or bootleggers even exchange dollars?

Post: #32   PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:22 pm Reply with quote
jims
Pictures: 2

sugarray1955 wrote:
CyprusForMe wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:
CyprusForMe wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:
CyprusForMe wrote:

US -based.

But the majority are from Britain Rolling Eyes And people are asking about the pound to euro exchange rate, does Nick or bootleggers even exchange dollars?

He certainly does, as a lot of Russians come with dollars.

Post: #33   PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:58 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

jims wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:
CyprusForMe wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:
CyprusForMe wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:
CyprusForMe wrote:

US -based.

He certainly does, as a lot of Russians come with dollars.

Thanks for that, didn`t know he exchanged other currencies, what is the exchange rate for dollars using them?

Post: #34   PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:24 am Reply with quote
Lindy

OK, I'll put my hands up - I'm the guilty party that resurrected this thread. I enquired on behalf of my sister, who doesn't have an iota of interest in the internet, therefore wouldn't dream of checking online. Anyway, surely that is the purpose of a forum - helping others with advice/opinions etc. Always works for me!

Thanks again to those who took the trouble to reply. It's always interesting to see Nick's rates. We tend to bring Sterling with us now, and call into Nick's soon after we arrive.

I also appreciated the recommendation for Transferwise, and may well use them myself, in future.

Post: #35   PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:29 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Lindy wrote:
OK, I'll put my hands up - I'm the guilty party that resurrected this thread. I enquired on behalf of my sister, who doesn't have an iota of interest in the internet, therefore wouldn't dream of checking online. Anyway, surely that is the purpose of a forum - helping others with advice/opinions etc. Always works for me!

Thanks again to those who took the trouble to reply. It's always interesting to see Nick's rates. We tend to bring Sterling with us now, and call into Nick's soon after we arrive.

I also appreciated the recommendation for Transferwise, and may well use them myself, in future.

As you say that`s what the forum is for, don`t understand negative posts about asking for rates, it is posts like that that cause people not to use the forum. Can totally recommend Transferwise, used to use Currency Fair until they had problems with their holding bank, have found Transferwise to be better and faster. And as they say "keep on posting" Very Happy

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #36   PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:05 am Reply with quote
roods

I have a Nationwide FlexPlus account and there is no charge for withdrawing cash from an ATM.

Post: #37   PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:47 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

roods wrote:
I have a Nationwide FlexPlus account and there is no charge for withdrawing cash from an ATM.

Looked at this before but I begrudge paying 10 for a debit card.

Post: #38   PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

Ring Niks and ask him what their exchange rate is for dollars -his number is 99119900.

Campbell.

Post: #39   PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:43 pm Reply with quote
journo
Pictures: 17

Whatever their publicised/signboards rates are, most no-commission-exchanges here in Cyprus - if run by someone with more than a single active brain cell - will give you a better rate if you ask, and are exchanging eg over GBP200 - or sometimes 100.

Post: #40   PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:27 am Reply with quote
roods

With regard to the Nationwide FlexPlus account, for the 10 monthly fee, in addition to the commission free cash withdrawals you also get:
1. Worldwide annual travel insurance for the family
2. Uk and European car breakdown and recovery assistance
3. Worldwide family mobile phone insurance
4. Extended warranty on household electrical appliances
5. 3% in-credit interest on balances up to 2500.00
6. Worldwide emergency card assistance
7. Identity theft assistance

We travel a lot outside of Europe, so for us annual travel insurance alone is more expensive than the cost of the account.
Exchange Rates 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Exchange Money & Rates