Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General » Ormidia
Ormidia 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:21 am Reply with quote
martyn83
Pictures: 0

Hi,

I am looking to relocate and I am considering Ormidia. I am hoping there are some helpful people on here who live or visit Ormidia and could tell me their thoughts on the village including the general reception to expat, the atmosphere etc.
Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Martyn
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:12 pm Reply with quote
cyprussmoothie

Hi Martyn. Welcome.

I live in Ormideia and love it. As with anywhere there are good and bad points.

Ormideia is very central to all major towns and cities. It has a good range of shops and tavernas plus takeaways if needed. The villagers are lovely, helpful and very welcoming. We also have a local gym, Internet Cafe etc. There is a post office and good refuse collection. We also have a garage and are central to other amenities.

Sadly we no longer have a bank in the village but there are a couple in the next village.

If you need any more help please just pm and I'll do my best to help. Good luck

Vee(its me)
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:28 pm Reply with quote
martyn83

Hi Vee,

Thanks for a prompt response. It's good to hear that it is a very nice place to live.

I will contact you when I have some more questions!

Thanks
Martyn

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
J B
Location: Shropshire/Staffordshire/Cheshire (UK) and Tala (Paphos) sometimes!

cyprussmoothie wrote:
It has a good range of shops and tavernas plus takeaways if needed. The villagers are lovely, helpful and very welcoming. We also have a local gym, Internet Cafe etc. There is a post office and good refuse collection. We also have a garage and are central to other amenities.

Looks like it must have changed since we stayed there in 1988 Laughing

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Larryand Sue

J B wrote:

I would imagine that over the blunt part of 30 years it will have changed a lot!

I like the village (as a regular visitor)....It has a Lidl as well Shocked

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:05 pm Reply with quote
martyn83

Larryand Sue wrote:
J B wrote:

I would imagine that over the blunt part of 30 years it will have changed a lot!

I like the village (as a regular visitor)....It has a Lidl as well Shocked

One would assume it had changed in that time!!!
I did see the popular is around 3x what it was then which does bring it natural evolution.

Larryand Sue: is there a reason for being a regular visitor- not being nosey! Just wondering what is the attraction or if you have a home here.

Thanks,
Martyn

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:25 am Reply with quote
Larryand Sue

martyn83 wrote:

Larryand Sue: is there a reason for being a regular visitor- not being nosey! Just wondering what is the attraction or if you have a home here.

Thanks,
Martyn

Just visiting friends who live in the village.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General