Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Shopping in Larnaca & Surrounding Areas » Aluminium/PVC fencing
Aluminium/PVC fencing 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:12 pm Reply with quote
milano
Pictures: 0

Any recommendations for supply and fitting of either aluminium or PVC fencing in Larnaca. And any views/comments on which is the better option - PVC or aluminium I'd be happy to have as well as any pitfalls and also if anyone knows a very rough idea of what costs would be like for approx. 18 metre long,1 metre high straight fence.

KIZI
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Aluminium/PVC fencing 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:49 pm Reply with quote
madmum

milano wrote:
Any recommendations for supply and fitting of either aluminium or PVC fencing in Larnaca. And any views/comments on which is the better option - PVC or aluminium I'd be happy to have as well as any pitfalls and also if anyone knows a very rough idea of what costs would be like for approx. 18 metre long,1 metre high straight fence.

KIZI

not much help but advised not to get PVC as can crack in the heat. then we were looking for plastic after seeing fences that looked nice only to discover it was actually alluminium presume coated in something. get great reviews as no varnishing like wood but lot more expensive.

just had quote for wood fence. for approx 12m fitted and painted its 600 euro. waiting for quote on the alluminium.

trouble is everyone has different opinion. had someone say the aluminium works out cheaper
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Catsnip

When we looked at fencing 13 years ago we were offered wood or aluminium which then was new. The cost for our fence was 10cyp per metre in lengh more than wood.

Both wood and aluminum were 1.5m high. I did doubt the installers method of installation in only drilling 5 or 6 inch deep holes about 2 inches in diameter for the posts and filling with resin ontop of our half a metre high concrete wall and they did say this was only their 2nd installation. But what did I know fence is still up and straight and looks as good as when installed.

We chose a pine wood effect with occasional knot effect and have never had to even give it a wash with the hosepipe. My only gripe was they used silver coulured screws which when pointed out were dabbed with some enamel paint that matched perfectly. So again I was wrong in thinking it would not last. Mosst people think it is wood untill they touch it.

We used Dracoudis fencing and railing they are still going, not sure if they are island wide
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:21 pm Reply with quote
milano

Thanks Catsnip; finally I had existing fence treated and varnished and not too bad. I tried Dracoudis who replied to my email immediately and were very helpful, offered to come out to measure up, tell me the options etc. Certainly will go to them as and when fence needs completely replacing.

KIZI
Aluminium/PVC fencing 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Shopping in Larnaca & Surrounding Areas