Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Airlines & Flights » Blue air flights Goto page 1, 2  Next
Blue air flights 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Perrylorna
Pictures: 0

Looking to book flights next year
Cobalt seem a bit slow releasing stanstead flights
so looking at blue air from Luton
Good prices but anyone got info on these flights
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Blue air flights 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:11 pm Reply with quote
journo
Pictures: 17

Perrylorna wrote:
.......looking at blue air from Luton

You can check in online 12 days before the flight. However if you have check-in baggage you will still have to go to the check-in desk to drop it off.

If you book hold baggage, then each suitcase you book can weigh up to 32kg.

Tea, coffee, juices, soft drinks, wine etc. are served free of charge.
As is a meal.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:50 pm Reply with quote
alanandmaria

We fly with them for the 1st time on Wednesday. It took a fair while to check in online as the page kept going back to home page. But finally after about 4 attempts we managed it.

Will let you know what we think after using them. We have 2 more flights booked later in year with them as prices were so good. But a friend just text and said he looking at Monarch and they have good prices for next year

Alan
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Perrylorna

Thanks for your replies
Blue Air 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:16 am Reply with quote
sleb
Pictures: 18

I too have booked 3 lots of flights with them for next year. Never flown with them before but the prices are amazing. Flying from their new route Birmingham. Look up their reviews on Trip Advisor. Lots of reviews from Luton to Lca. All good.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:55 pm Reply with quote
alanandmaria

Have just completed our first flight with them. Did not get off to a great start. We had checked in online and printed the boarding passes, but when we went to go through security they said our bar codes were too small on passes and we would need to go to check in. We then had to queue for 35 minutes to get new passes. They said yes we have had a problem with this, well why not tell your customers?

Then we were delayed for 40 minutes. Our feeling is they are trying to be Cyprus airways. If you read their magazine it is all we are giving the Cypriots a reliable airline back with Cypriot staff. People were only supposed to have max 1 hand luggage x size, but people were getting on with 2, 3 or 4 things and no staff said a thing. Then once plane 70 % full there was no room for luggage, so they had to pile it up at the front and put it in the hold. Again this delayed us. If the staff had done a better job at the start this would not have happened.

We normally fly Monarch and always pay for bigger seats, with Blue Air only front row or exit seem to be longer leg room. We booked row 1 and yes there was a little extra legroom but the 3 seats were too tight together. I don't find this a problem with Monarch as long as not the new seat designs.

Overall the rest of the flight was OK with a free meal and a drink but I do feel the staff need more training. The seatbelt sign was on for 50 - 60% of the flight but the staff were happy to let people use toilets. As we were sitting in row 1 we could see the head steward on phone to I presume flight deck, he had his hand on the toilet lock and must have asked for seat belt lights to go on as he locked toilet before light went on. It seems when they have the trolley out they like to keep you in your seat.

I have 2 more trips booked with them but not sure if will book more. I would rather pay more for more space. It was not a bad flight but not great. But it was cheap. So maybe I got what I paid for
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Perrylorna

Thanks for info we fly out on 4th with cobalt from stanstead another new one for us as usually use Ba
I think I will book blue air as no flights with cobalt from stanstead and Ba getting to expensive

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:51 pm Reply with quote
journo

alanandmaria wrote:
......We had checked in online and printed the boarding passes, but when we went to go through security they said our bar codes were too small on passes and we would need to go to check in. We then had to queue for 35 minutes to get new passes.

If you had printed the normal 2-page Boarding Pass, you would have had no problems. The bar codes are normal size and scan everywhere easily.

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:10 am Reply with quote
alanandmaria

journo wrote:
alanandmaria wrote:
......We had checked in online and printed the boarding passes, but when we went to go through security they said our bar codes were too small on passes and we would need to go to check in. We then had to queue for 35 minutes to get new passes.

If you had printed the normal 2-page Boarding Pass, you would have had no problems. The bar codes are normal size and scan everywhere easily.

We did print the 2 page boarding pass that was generated as soon as I had checked in. But they said for some reason the bar code has been printing too small. We were not the only people this affected. If they knew they had issues then why not e mail and let me know rather than waste my time.

The actual attachments they e mailed for the boarding card was just a gif file. No actual boarding pass attachment

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:52 am Reply with quote
alanandmaria

Blue air have now updated my return boarding pass and e mailed me one with a full size barcode. I logged back in on their web site and went onto reprint passes and my one coming out still has small one but return is now looking more like I think it should.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:02 pm Reply with quote
journo

That's strange. Confused

I've always printed my Boarding Passes directly off the Blue Air website when checking in - never off a later email.

That has been for flights between August and December 2016, with the latest one less than a week ago.

I've never had any problem scanning and using the print.

It has always been what one might describe as having a 'normal size' bar code.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:11 pm Reply with quote
madmum

my 2 sons came for christmas with blue air. werent keen on using them but couldnt resist the much lower price.
they were very impressed with them. on time both ways and great service onboard. low fare includes free meal and drink. and come round several times with drinks.
just like BA used to do, but used BA 4 times in 2016 and no proper meal just a choice of 2 types of sandwich and if wanted another drink had to walk to back of plane and get it. plus from this month no food included in BA high fare.

they didnt bother trying to check in or print boarding passes and easy & fast at airport.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:37 am Reply with quote
Sunnysmiles

Thanks for this reference Blue Air never tried them as use Easy Jet but will have a look.
Thanks
Re: Blue air flights 
Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:06 pm Reply with quote
DAC
Pictures: 9

Perrylorna wrote:

We flew with Blue Air in October last year and the service was excellent throughout and even included free inflight meals and soft drinks, plus plenty of leg space.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:09 pm Reply with quote
DAC
Pictures: 9

alanandmaria wrote:

Our feeling is they are trying to be Cyprus airways.

Strange perception given that Blue Air is a Romanian airline.

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:12 pm Reply with quote
journo

Blue Air currently has a 20% discount offer on its flights. So Larnaka-UK return flights are available for around euros100 (which includes free food and drinks).

To add check-in baggage is admittedly euros 29 per bag on each leg.

However that entitles you to 32kg, and you can book just for just one leg of the journey if you wish.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm Reply with quote
pyrkosc

Flew to Luton last November
VERY impressed with their complete package
Seats were comfy, large legroom
Do not book meals as you are given free of charge
Can't recommend them enough

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:43 am Reply with quote
alanandmaria

Is it only me who has issues with Blue Air?

Booked a flight in October for April 29th. When I booked it I was the first person to reserve seats. I picked 1 B & C but when I continued the web page crashed. So I had to start over again. When I got to the bit to reserve seats it showed the ones I wanted as taken. So I booked 1 D & E.

Went and checked in online today and noticed after printing boarding passes now sitting in 25 A & B. So after 3 calls it turns out they removed the front row. But failed to tell me that the extra legroom seats I paid for were not available. There was nothing available now only emergency exit half way down plane. But they insisted that they were upgrading me to these seats free of charge. Even though I explained I had already paid for the seats.

Now after re checking in online the boarding passes are now printing with tiny bar codes that I know wont scan. So phoned yet again and told have to e mail them. I really cant see how they can not have sorted the bar code issue in 7 months. I saw so many people at the airport with the same problem not being able to scan. Have added a picture the bottom 1 is the wrong seat but full size barcode the top 1 is how it now printing.

The last adviser told me to use Google chrome. We have tried Firefox, Safari & Google Chrome

For me this will be the last time I use them. I was happy to tell them to cancel booking but my partner does not want to fly later with another airline.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Flights 
Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Kay Smith

Had a flight from Cyprus to Luton and travelled back yesterday with same company. No problems.
Boarding passes 
Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Kay Smith

We booked in online and when we went to counter she automatically gave us boarding passes as she said the paperwork we had printed wouldn't scan - no fuss - no problem.
Blue air flights 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Airlines & Flights