Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Banking & Insurance » With DeVere since before they left Cyprus?
With DeVere since before they left Cyprus? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:49 am Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

Question as per (overlong) title

Anyone been with DeVere Fin Advisors since before they left Cyprus?

I'm happy with the 'product' I was sold but getting increasingly frustrated with the (mostly young graduate) F.A.s who I've been assigned to since they left Cyprus moving my account first to London and now to Malta.

Obviously you can't have a 'personal' advisor who calls on you a few times a year if he isn't in the same country as you are.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:58 am Reply with quote
eddiewizz
Pictures: 1

Tang,

Call me on 96 217698 and I,ll discuss this with you

Regards,

Eddie

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:49 am Reply with quote
Tangutica

eddiewizz wrote:
Tang,

Call me on 96 217698 and I,ll discuss this with you

Regards,

Eddie

Cheers Eddie. Calling right now. Think it's the engaged tone I'm getting. Starts off ringing but then cuts off.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:19 pm Reply with quote
wilbur
Pictures: 0

Was not happy with Devere before they left Cyprus as we had 4 different FA's in 3 years. Now we receive a phone call once a year from a different FA and currently they are not answering calls or emails. Totally disgraceful. We are in the process of trying to find an IFA who is legal in Cyprus to replace them. Not having much luck there either!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica

wilbur wrote:
Was not happy with Devere before they left Cyprus as we had 4 different FA's in 3 years. Now we receive a phone call once a year from a different FA and currently they are not answering calls or emails. Totally disgraceful. We are in the process of trying to find an IFA who is legal in Cyprus to replace them. Not having much luck there either!

I was lucky with the FA I had in Cyprus, after complaining about the first lazy sod I got a senior bloke. No problems whatsoever until they vamoosed out of Cyprus.

You had 4 FAs in 3 years? I'm up to number NINE! Every one of them clueless.

They didn't advise me they were leaving Cyprus. Didn't notify me I was now being dealt with in UK. Didn't advise me they'd moved me from UK to Malta this time either. When I signed up I was told I'd get a quarterly personal review meeting. As I said to them when they informed me they were in the UK - how's that going to work now? What annoyed me most is that I'd been over in UK for about 5 months at the time and had they told me they'd pulled (or got booted?) out of Cyprus, I could have arranged to meet with the UK one while over there.

Sadly, although my first thought was to find another FA with offices in Cyprus, DeVere take all their money out at the beginning. So it would mean I've already paid them and would then be paying another.

Still nowhere near the disastrous 8 months I was with 3DGlobal before them. That's how I ended up with DeVere! They saved me! I couldn't recommend them to anyone now. In fact I'd assume they wouldn't be taking on business in Cyprus as they don't have anyone here now.

Google them - they have the biggest graduate intake programme of all FA services anywhere. And that's who's been dealing with me - one after another - clueless graduates who'd never even heard of the policy type I had.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica

wilbur wrote:

Sorry just spotted that you are currently trying to find an IFA in Cyprus. Eddie Whizz has left his number on a post above - give him a call he can help you with that.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:22 am Reply with quote
emsyjo
Pictures: 14

Wilbur, did you get my email?

You can call Aaron on 96300901
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:31 am Reply with quote
wilbur

Emsyjo I did thanks but after googling the company I was dismayed with the results, but thanks anyway.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:35 am Reply with quote
Tangutica

wilbur wrote:
Emsyjo I did thanks but after googling the company I was dismayed with the results, but thanks anyway.

Steve Garland
Consulting Manager
Alliance Partnership
Oriklini

mob: 96346925
office: 24645792
eml:
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Been here all morning. Helped me understand better what it is I've got (thro DeVere) with Old Mutual. Also advised on a whole raft of other stuff I've not been able to get advice on.

I've already switched from DeVere to them. I feel as if a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I recommend you give him a ring. He will come out and see you for no charge and there was NO pressure AT ALL. And was honest and said I couldn't get any better 'package' than I've got right now (but it matures next year). So wasn't trying to 'sell' me anything at all.

I feel so much better that I will have them dealing with me when my 5 yr Euro Bond matures next year and no longer have to put up with the appalling service I've received (well sometimes NONE) from DeVere since they left Cyprus.

I previously spoke with Chase Buchanan here in Cyp. Although they were helpful on the phone, they did explain I would have had to pay them from day one. I've already paid for DeVere.

It was a bit much me ending having to deal with Old Mutual in Isle of Man direct when I've paid so much money for DeVere to deal with them on my behalf. Alas, it was the only way I could sort anything out.

As I said before, I had teething problems with DeVere and the first FA, however when I complained, they gave me a wonderful guy called Andrew Carter, a senior advisor and I had NO problems all the time he was my FA but of course he left when DeVere left.

I was due to update photo ID (passport) with OMI and Steve Garland even took the scan of my passport with him saying leave it with him and he'll notarise and send it off in the mail to them for me.

I don't have to notify DeVere, nor OMI, he does all that. Peace at last after 3yrs of constant frustration and worry. Final nail in the coffin for DeVere was when they actually LIED to me TWICE on the phone yesterday! I can put up with BS and a certain amount of waffle - but not outright LIES!

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:39 am Reply with quote
Tangutica

And, ever aware that we have to be careful what we put on the open forum when it comes to recommending or not recommending various companies. If anyone wants to know about my experience with 3D Global before I switched to DeVere - feel free to email me and I will give you the detail.

They were recommended to me by a long standing pal who worked with them here and I set a lot of store by personal recommendation from people you trust - alas it wasn't him who dealt with my investments.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:46 pm Reply with quote
wilbur

Hi Tangutica, when I googled Alliance International this is the section that concerned me;

Not sure if I have done the link correctly.
Whereas 3dglobal are legal in Cyprus and having selected them to speak to you now have me worried again! Having been bitten once by Devere not being licensed to operate in Cyprus and eventually doing a bunk I am trying to ensure that the FA I eventually choose is at least registered and legal in Cyprus. It sounds like the chap you saw today was very helpful, but are they legal in Cyprus?

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:25 am Reply with quote
eddiewizz
Pictures: 1

Hi Wilbur,

In reply to your last comment Alliance Partnership have been here in Oroklini Cyprus for the last 6 years.

They operate with a European Freedom of Establishment licence and are registered with the ICCS and they are also members of CIFSA so in answer to your last question "Are they legal here in Cyprus?" the answer is obviously YES.

With respect to the link that you have placed on your post this is obviously about someone operating out of Pathos as Alliance International and has no reflection on Alliance Partnership in Oroklini.

Link to CIFSA site here

Regards,

Eddie

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Banking & Insurance