Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Property Action / Support Groups » deeds
deeds 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
English Pat
Pictures: 0

Hello does anyone know the rules about starting the process to get deeds. Friends from the UK have been to the council and tax office. They had to pay 10 euros to start the process. It seems that once the process is starting the developer has 45 days respond if they don't respond they carry on without them. within 60 days you have to collect the deeds.

That all good news but the council are saying they wont trigger the process until they have at least 8 to 10 people from the apartments asking them to.

I don't know if they can do this, the ruling was you pay the money and they trigger the process, but they are saying they wont. Wondered if anyone had any knowledge of this. Patricia
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:34 pm Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 7

Hi English Pat

It isn't up to the Council to decide when to trigger the process of Title Deeds, that's up to the Land Registry.

For more information please see my article
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

It can take many months to get Title Deeds issued, particularly in cases where the Land Registry has to wait for the Planning Authority to carry out checks ensuring that the property has been built according to the various permits and permissions issued for its construction.

Regards,

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:49 am Reply with quote
English Pat

Hello again, you say its up to the land registry to issue deeds, but my friends had to go to the Council office in Oroklini with the paperwork.

The person in the council office has a file of people who have applied from their complex in this file, but she said she will not trigger anything until she has enough people at least 8 to 10 in the file. They thought after doing all the work required their application would go ahead, but now must wait for others on the complex to put an application in this file before the council take any action. They wondered if they could do this. Pat
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:02 am Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

Have you been to the land registry office in Larnaca, opposite Carrefour?

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:13 am Reply with quote
bubblechris

What you don't appear to understand is that your friends went to the Council when they should have gone direct to Land Registry

At least that's what you seem to be suggesting?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:39 am Reply with quote
jb1

I was at the Land Registry in Larnaca a couple of weeks ago asking about progress on my application, which was made this year. I was told they are still processing 2015 applications so I'm assuming it will be at least a year before they get round to mine. Also today I took the last of the paperwork for a neighbour's application and asked if that was all they needed, as she'd done all the other paperwork..........'Yes, for the moment' was the reply.......rather unsettling as we were under the impression that everything had been submitted and it was just a matter of waiting : (

Joyce

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:40 am Reply with quote
English Pat

Hi thank you for your feedback. It seems that it is the land registry who said they would not trigger anything until they had 8 to 10 requests in the file.

But yesterday they said they had a backlog and were working through them, so again conflicting stories one saying need more applications and one saying backlog, hopefully after 19 years they will get the deeds shortly

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:52 am Reply with quote
bubblechris

Good luck to your neighbours. Remind them what 'oba oba' means.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

deeds 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Property Action / Support Groups