Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Legal Questions & Issues » UK Visa for non EEA Spouse being denied systematically by UK
UK Visa for non EEA Spouse being denied systematically by UK 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:17 pm Reply with quote
2diffs
Pictures: 0

I want to take my Sri Lankan Wife to UK for a 3 week holiday to visit my friends and relatives. The marriage was performed in Sri Lanka and is recognised by Cyprus. Immigration Cyprus confirm all our documents are in order.

The EU Directive 2004/38/EC includes spouses and civil partners of EU Nationals in this directive. It further states that a visa should be issued free of charge by the Member State to the family member provided they have an identity card or passport.
Further the Member State may not request bank statements, pay slips, letters of reference, hotel bookings airline tickets or proof of return of the family member.
UK does not issue passport and visa documents in Cyprus, it is outsourced to Visa4UK and they charged EUR172.00 for the service. They used a standard visa application and require biometric data up front at the interview.
Our application has been summarily refused because my wife did not demonstrate my current whereabouts or my awareness of the visa application. She did not satisfy them about her personal financial and family circumstances and demonstrated only limited ties to show an intention to leave UK at the end of the visit.

They are aware that I own a house here in Cyprus and we also have one in Sri Lanka near the beach and close to Colombo.

Why does she want to stay in the UK when she can enjoy her current lifestyle and not have to endure the UK weather?

I accompanied my wife to the interview, was present during the submission, paid with my debit card for the fees and filled out the forms on my computer, and appended my name as the person filling the form. If this only demonstrated limited awareness then they also suspect I have Alzheimers.
I have researched the subject in depth following their refusal and find that The Home Office via UK Borders are flagrantly disregarding the EU Directive and their officers are routinely refusing case after case by not looking at the facts before them, or following minor technical issues by email or telephone.

I was astonished to find that the UK visa system publishes no addresses on their forms, no email addresses are given, all received emails state do not reply, this website is not monitored. It is like trying to break into the Führerhauptquartiere and they are certainly employing strategies pioneered in Nazi Germany. (The British High Commission in Nicosia sidesteps all visa and passport issues.)

Does any other reader share my experience?

https://eumovement.wordpress.com/direct ive-200438ec/ is a website which examines the UK's dismal record and follows up infringement proceedings against UK https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2014/08/07/is-uk-handling-of-eea-family-permit-visas-still-a-problem/
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:26 pm Reply with quote
chiploi
Pictures: 16

Hi.
I have a filipino wife and have received a free of charge Family Permit for the last 4 years.
You have to apply online but they make it very difficult for you to find the application and it is very easy to fill in the wrong form and have to pay for a visa.
If you call me on 96534235 so that we can meet up at my place so that you fill in the right form. You now have to apply for a appointment at an agency in Nicosia who then passes on your application to the Border Agency. there is no way of contacting either the agency or immigration. I don't think that there are many non Eu family members who are capable filling in the form needed.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:31 pm Reply with quote
2diffs
Pictures: 0

Persistence pays off, I dispatched a long letter and about 10 pages of information back to the Border Agency; they overturned their original refusal and issued a 6 month Visa.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
UK Visa for non EEA Spouse being denied systematically by UK 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Legal Questions & Issues