Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries » Moving Diary
Moving Diary 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:36 pm Reply with quote
emsyjo
Pictures: 14

Hi,
Thought I'd start a moving diary as I now feel we are halfway to our new place in Cyprus!

We have brought an apartment in Dherynia, planning to move in May 09. We have just sold our house and have moved into my Mum's (yesterday!)untill we go.

It seems a little bit more real but I can't quite get my head round it yet as it's such chaos here with all the boxes etc. We'll get there though!

Well, better go and try and sort some bits out, I'll be back soon Very Happy

Arrow
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Last edited by emsyjo on Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Next trip... 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quote
emsyjo

We've booked our next trip, 2 weeks at the end of June / begining of July.
We are staying in Kapparis in "Sunday's Appartments, anyone know these?
I'm really looking forward to it, can't wait to see how our appartments are progressing.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Baby and apartment on the way! 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:39 pm Reply with quote
emsyjo

It's been a while since I added to this so I thought it about time as our apartment will be ready this year!
We are not sure exactly when we will be moving as we also having a baby this year in May! (almost the same time as the apartment should be ready!) So it may be actually next year we move completly with a couple of trips in between, we're just see how it goes really.

We were out in June/July last year and got to stand on our balcony, which was great as I had found it quite hard to imagine the apartment when we were standing in a field! Now I'm just impataient to see how much they have come on again!

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:17 pm Reply with quote
joanne
Pictures: 0

congratulations on the baby news..i have a friend here who posponed moving here because she was having a baby but eventually moved over when baby was 4 months old, i had my son here the hospital is great,the staff very helpful and friendly i take him regular for check ups and injections etc, but i must warn you children have more injections here than england but thats not a bad thing..but you do have to pay for a few of them 60 euro each but most are free..good luck with the move when the time is right and good luck with the baby...

joanne

Getting closer! 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:01 am Reply with quote
emsyjo

Hi, just thought I'd update the diary!

We have had notification that our appartment will be ready by 30th June Very Happy

No news on the baby front though - now 2 days overdue!
Flights booked and baby's arrived! 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quote
emsyjo

Baby Leo has finally made his appearance (Friday 29th) and flights are al booked for Aaron to take delivery of our appartment at the begining of July.
I'm staying here holding the baby! and looking forward to seeing lots of pictures of the appartment Laughing

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:51 pm Reply with quote
emsyjo

We have keys!! Laughing
Aaron spent a week in the appartment in July and was very pleased with it all, got lots of pictures and even a video as he was under strict instructions from me - was so impatient to see it!
He was good though, even took a picture of the pool at night and sent it to me on his phone!

We are going out for 4 days in November, my mother in law is babysitting! Then we are planning to go for about 4/5 weeks over Christmas.
We are moving!! 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:47 pm Reply with quote
emsyjo

We are all set to move on Nov 24th (haven't booked the flights yet but have planned everything else!)

Hubby & I are out for 4 days without little'un at the start of the month - he's off to Granma's Smile - it's my birthday pressie from hubby as he got to see the apartment in July when he got the keys. So 4 days of late nights, too much wine and sleeping till lunchtime, before we come out and get settled properly!

Hope to meet some of you when we're in Laughing

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:12 pm Reply with quote
martinomac
Pictures: 0

Why has no one posted since 2009
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:00 am Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

[quote="martinomac"][b]Why has no one posted since 2009[/b][/quote]

You just have! So have I now! My question is this ... Why was this ancient (and not very long) thread made a 'sticky'?

Next question ... how did you come across such an old thread?

[i](You have to click the link in the first post to see earlier replies but there haven't been any new ones for nearly 7 yrs and no further posts from Emma on it at all)[/i]
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Moving Diary 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries