Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Schools » Xenion school paralimni
Xenion school paralimni 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:07 pm Reply with quote
paulandpam53
Pictures: 0

can anyone tell me if this is a good school ?

i have a friend who sends their son to Med High even though they live in Paralimni area.
he says he wouldn't recommend Xenion, which is why his son goes to Larnaca.
i know it's his personal opinion, but does anyone else out there think that it's not the place for their kids and - without slagging off the school - reasons why Med High etc are better ??

our grand-daughter will be arriving next month with her family and we really want to get all possible info on schools for her
they will be living in Sotira so Xenion will be the local PRIVATE school.

we have decided this is the way to go because at 15 she will just not get what she needs form the local Greek Cypriot schools as she doesn't speak or read/write Greek

thank you very much
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quote
joanne

hi
i have a few friends who have sent their children to xenion school and they have no complaints at all, the fee's are more expensive if you dont speak greek though..

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:58 pm Reply with quote
paulandpam53

thanks for the info joanne

good to hear something positive about Xenion

just as a matter of interest, what are the fees for next year going to be, or if you don't know yet, what were they last year ?
with or without the extra for non-Greek speaking

many thanks
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:09 am Reply with quote
joanne

will ask my friend who'd daughter goes there for you..

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quote
paulahanson

My 7 year old twins started med high a month or so ago, although quite a good school i have decided to take them back to their private school in the uk. Fascilities are poor at med high plus you really cant compare a uk private school to med high

In my opinion it is a good school but not for us.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quote
joanne

my friend said this year she paid 5,000 i presume euro, but none greek was 7,000 for xenion

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quote
kimonas

paulahanson wrote:
My 7 year old twins started med high a month or so ago, although quite a good school i have decided to take them back to their private school in the uk. Fascilities are poor at med high plus you really cant compare a uk private school to med high

In my opinion it is a good school but not for us.

Must be Med Junior as High School starts age 11. None of the private schools in Cyprus can be compared to British private schools, they are completely different in terms of ethos, facilities (and of course fees as private schools in the UK are much more expensive). Cypriot private schools are similar to UK state schools, and provide a sound UK curriculum environment - there are no rolling playing fields, rowing lakes and benefactor libraries with miles of bookshelves!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:05 am Reply with quote
pudneys

Hi
My daughter starts Xenion in September. The fees are 4,600 euros a year and they let you pay in instalments. I have heard good reports about the school and the are staff friendly and helpful but my daughter although English managed to learn enough Greek in the 18 months we've been here to sit the entrance exams in Greek. Fees for English students are higher.

Pauline

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:41 pm Reply with quote
madmum

hoping to move to kapparis or paralimni area in september. have spoken by email to xenion & got to fill in enrolment form & pay 200 euro. while would have preferred to visit school 1st as they will be on holiday when next in cyprus thats not possible

looked at school uniform and they say has to be bought from school. realise the sweatshirts would as in unique xenion colours but says uniform must be from them so material & style the same.
does this mean i cant use any other grey trousers?? only as have 2 new pairs that were too big at the moment. also need white & black socks so do they have to be from school. would be much easier to bring with us than running round cyprus to find who sells them

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Kaya

Xenion high school students wear navy trousers...
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote
madmum

oh well if its blue trousers looks like my grey ones will be joining everything else in charity bags

surprised they dont wear summer dresses in cyprus or let girls wear the knee length shorts we wear in england. daughter hates dresses & skirts but being a wicked mum i make her wear the dresses we already have Smile

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:41 am Reply with quote
Kaya

Is she going High School or Junior School? Just a thought since you can manage to make her wear what you want, can't do that with my 2 High School students! If she is in Junior school the trousers/skirts are grey I believe. The uniform code at Xenion is fairly strict compared to the state schools. All tshirts (including PE) have the school logo, as well as shirts. The only thing you can buy outside school will be trousers and skirts.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:04 am Reply with quote
madmum

so will keep the trousers then. going to buy white and black socks to take with us. thinking i did see school clothes in 1 of the big supermarkets in paralimni.
find the xenion website very confusing tho. in uniform section says blue skirts/trousers tho previously saw somewhere its grey.
also says blue sweatshirts BUT picture shows children wearing grey & maroon sweatshirts.
so just taking the socks & trousers we already have. plus the new school shoes she has just got if not wrecked them in next 10 weeks of school.
noticed plain black trainers for PE so guessing wont get away with her reeboks with name on. her school says the same but not enforced & most have reebok or nike written on. but guessing private schools a lot stricter
Xenion school paralimni 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Schools