Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Exchange Money & Rates » Problems at Currency Fair Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post: #21   PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:03 am Reply with quote
lynnandpete
Pictures: 0

Wish I'd seen this conversation before I sent money with CF on Monday, which I still haven't received yet. Been using them for the last 2 years and they've been excellent until now! My last two transactions have been terrible.

Looks like I need to give Transferwise a go! I've always recommended CF to people but I won't be using them again Evil or Very Mad

Lynn.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:04 am Reply with quote
peterpanicos

lynnandpete wrote:
Wish I'd seen this conversation before I sent money with CF on Monday, which I still haven't received yet. Been using them for the last 2 years and they've been excellent until now! My last two transactions have been terrible.

Looks like I need to give Transferwise a go! I've always recommended CF to people but I won't be using them again Evil or Very Mad

Lynn.

If you use the link below for TW your first transfer is free, this is what I have just used Smile

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #23   PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:16 am Reply with quote
linglieglen

They are still apparently having problems, transferred funds on Tuesday, and still awaiting confirmation that they have received it. It's now over a month since the first post expressed concerns, which makes me extremely nervous.

Linglieglen
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #24   PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:39 am Reply with quote
jeannie

We have done 2 transfers with Currency Fair recently - both took 2 working days whereas it used to be one. They usually show up on our bank account late in the day but I think that is the Hellenic bank rather than CF.

Post: #25   PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:32 am Reply with quote
SensibleBob

CF must be aware of lots of discontent as only today they sent me a customer service survey. This is a sure sign they are aware people are grumbling more. Still cannot moan about their rates relative to others and fixed charge of 3euros does not seem to make rate worse than others.

Post: #26   PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
peterpanicos

Used TW again today, transferred money at 9am this morning and the money has gone in to my Cyprus bank account at 3pm, fastest transfer I have had since I have been here Smile

Post: #27   PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:40 pm Reply with quote
peterpanicos

Anyone else get an email from CF`s CEO?

Dear -----,

As I am sure you’re aware, the last few weeks have been a tough time for us here at CurrencyFair and as a result, our service to you has been poor. For this, we sincerely apologise. We’re working hard to get things back to the way they were and we’re definitely close, but we realise we owe you an apology and a brief explanation of what caused the issue.

For commercial reasons, our former banking partner decided in late 2015 to discontinue our previous arrangement. We had a very short timeframe to get an alternative in place and also in which to inform all our customers of our new banking details. This led to many issues. That said, the onus is always upon us to make the experience as delightful and empowering as it’s always been and for a lot of loyal CurrencyFair users, this wasn’t the case. We’ve learned several valuable lessons and alongside dealing with the issues at hand, we’re working hard to ensure this type of problem never arises again.

We have added 5 free transfers to your account by way of thanks for your patience.

We do expect some friction when taking on the big banks, and we are emerging stronger from this round. With your support, we plan to stay strong, and ultimately win the fight against unfair fees and charges.

Best regards,
Brett Meyers, CEO

Post: #28   PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Lyndi

Hi,

Yes, I received the same e-mail - seems like they are aware of the problems people are experiencing and trying to address the issues - so well done them.....

Cheers,
Lyndi.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Problems at Currency Fair 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Exchange Money & Rates