Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Chinese rakeaway
Chinese rakeaway 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:17 am Reply with quote
james muncey
Pictures: 0

Can anyone recommend a good Chinese between larneka and liopetri please
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:56 pm Reply with quote
davegodfrey

I await a reply to your question. I too would like to know of a decent Chinese Takeaway. Certainly all those I have tried are "Rubbish". 😂

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:26 pm Reply with quote
devil
Pictures: 1

davegodfrey wrote:
I await a reply to your question. I too would like to know of a decent Chinese Takeaway. Certainly all those I have tried are "Rubbish". 😂

Have tried a number in Larnaca. Agree "Rubbish"! Sad How I miss Tan Li in Pervolia in years past!

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:10 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

Try the Mulan just off the Makarious Avenue, First class. I was there on Tuesday for the 50% off of food night, 4 of us and 3 bottles of wine was 93 euros. Cant falt the place, staff are very good and the ambience is very good, enjoy......Maggie Larnaca

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Hewster

Jade Garden Agia Napa will deliver to Oroklini and Liopetri

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Unfortunately you will have to wait until end of April when they re-open.
(Paralimni Branch is open though)

Hewster
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:40 pm Reply with quote
devil

beersmaggie wrote:
Try the Mulan just off the Makarious Avenue, First class. I was there on Tuesday for the 50% off of food night, 4 of us and 3 bottles of wine was 93 euros. Cant falt the place, staff are very good and the ambience is very good, enjoy......Maggie Larnaca

Have been there twice. The food is acceptable but it is no more Chinese than I am!

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:02 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

Sorry Devil that you didnt enjoy it there, as for no more Chinese than you, only absolutely authentic food will be found in China !!
To those of you that havent been to the Mulan, give it a go.......Maggie Larnaca

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:06 am Reply with quote
bill
Pictures: 3
Location: nice n sunny cold at night oroklini on the mossie breeding grounds

beersmaggie wrote:
Sorry Devil that you didnt enjoy it there, as for no more Chinese than you, only absolutely authentic food will be found in China !!
To those of you that havent been to the Mulan, give it a go.......Maggie Larnaca

or in Soho London--- its possible to buy glazed roast dog in some establishments

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:06 am Reply with quote
devil

bill wrote:
beersmaggie wrote:

or in Soho London--- its possible to buy glazed roast dog in some establishments

Or in many large cities with a Chinese population. Not Chinese, but once in Paris, I came across a Vietnamese restaurant, close to Notre-Dame, with steamed-up windows and Formica tables, full of Vietnamese, eating away. I had a really excellent meal there that took me back to Saigon (it was the southern cuisine).

Here in Cyprus, I've never had real Chinese food, except a few years back at Tan Li in Pervolia. Her menu was conventional Euro-Chinese mockery, but, if I reserved a day in advance, she would provide a really excellent meal in the Han style (she was from North of Beijing), so very different from the pseudo-Cantonese style popular in most so-called Chinese places. Her two chefs were also from the North and they told me that it was a pleasure for them to cook real food for us, rather than chips with curry sauce (yes, she offered that, as well)!

Some of the most refined real-Cantonese cuisine can be found in Singapore, but I preferred the traditional Singaporean cuisine, still found in a few restaurants. It has a name, which I forget, and is a fusion of Chinese, Indian and Malay cuisines.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area