Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Schools » Registering for school
Registering for school 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote
JennyCyp
Pictures: 0

How do i go about this for my children?

I am moving over end of Feb.
Have 2 Girls, will be 9 and 5 at that point.

I am looking to put them into local school in Paralimni.

Where do i go, once i am over to register them?

Is there anything they will need, that maybe i can buy here before we come?
What the uniform?

We will be living in Kapparis, not far from the discount store, near the main roundabout.

Thanks in advance.

P.s - If there is anyone with simlar aged children, i would love to get in touch, and maybe make some links in the local area.

Thanks x
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

SCHOOL 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:10 am Reply with quote
Tutty1
Pictures: 1

Hi

ok, so my daugther will be 6 in february and starts year 1 in September and goes to Frenaros school, the registeration dates for Frenaros is 9 and 10 January, they have to wear grey pants/skirt and white shirt/polo shirt.

You have to go and see the school and register them in the school you have choosen.

You need to make sure they are both up to date with all injections and you can prove it. Full birth certificiate is required for both children.

I am sorry but not sure about Paralimni, maybe someone will reply, but just to give you an idea of what is needed.

Hope it helps.
Michelle
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote
JennyCyp

Hi

Thank you for the reply.

That is helpful Smile I am sure it's the same process in Paralimni.

I was over during the Xmas holidays, but obviously the schools etc were shut.

I assume their red books will contain all the info for the injections, or i can obtain from the docs before i leave.

I cannot place my youngest's full birth certificate, will they not accept the short version at all?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
schools 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:49 am Reply with quote
Tutty1
Pictures: 1

Hi

no they wont accept short version of birth certificate, definintely the full one only.

Regarding the injection, I have to obtain a letter from the doctor saying she is in good health and that all her injection are up to date and then a photocopy of her injection card (Cyprus), or her redbook Page.

Just a suggestion but if you know which school you want them to go, perhaps you could send them an email about registration, as i know that schools are done on catchment areas now, so children who are from village get choosen first and then outsiders, so if when you come, the school could be full as like i said registration was yesterday and today.

Hope this helps, if you need anything else, just ask

Thanks
Michelle
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:16 pm Reply with quote
sunnygirl

I think you will find its navy skirt / pinafore dress,also grey track suit. buy them in England it will be cheaper than here.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Blondie

if your living in kapparis your children will go to the 4th school as my 2 youngest do (my daughter is 8 and my youngest son is 5) full bith cirt required you should be able to get new one in uk, for the winter they will need grey track suits the thicker type and whlte t shirts in summer they wear navy skirts and white t shirts but will need a nice blouse for days at the church etc, get these in the uk if you can, alot cheaper , also a desent school bag as they have quite alot of books, if you need any more info cotact me as i live just down the road from where you will be
Wayne
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:49 pm Reply with quote
jenjen

That's great, thank you!!
Is the 4th school the one near Pop life?

I will have to apply for my youngest's full birth certificate as it has gone walkies somewhere.. Embarassed

Does anyone have the email for the 4th school?

I will apply to the docs here for information on their health if possible, and obv have copies of their red books for the injections etc.

Will look @ uniform before i come over, not sure where we could get Grey tracksuits for the girlies, but will have a look.

Thanks, very helpful info here... Its so difficult having to do this from the UK, and not knowing whats what so your input is brilliant.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:52 pm Reply with quote
jenjen

Have realised, I've managed to create 2 accounts on this forum, I am jennycyp/jenjen...

whoops Shocked

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:59 am Reply with quote
Byker
Membership Closed
Pictures: 4

No it's not the one near Poplife, to get to the 4th from the roundabout come up the hill towards Orphanides, turn right after the church an take the 2nd left, you'll see it on the right.
The last I heard the schools in Paralimni were very strict on catchment areas so that'll be the one your children will attend.
My 3 went to the 4th and I found it very good, lots of people were using friends addresses to get their kids in as it was the best for integrating foreign kids at the time.

( Thinking about it my youngest left there in 2000 so things may have changed!)

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
JennyCyp

Ooh i see, Ok Smile

Well, I hope they are able to get in and get settled asap.

I know it's not going to be easy, but what else can we do... except find ways of making it as smooth as possible.

Another Question - Do they have lunch @ school?
Do we have to provide a packed lunch?

Also, are holidays the same as the Uk? I know they break up in June - Sept and have Xmas off, what about the other holidays?

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Kaya

You will have to send food with them, which they will eat during any of the 3 breaks they have. School starts at 7.45 and finishes at 13.05.

As for the holidays, there's 2 weeks off for Easter, another 2 for Christmas and 10 for summer. Then there's also quite a few bank holidays; Green Monday, 25/3, 1/4, 1/5, 28/10 and when it's the name day of the church of your schools catchment area they're off too!

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:59 am Reply with quote
Esther

Hi can anyone tell me the date in September to register for the 2nd school in Paralimni.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Natalie luv keyaan

I'm going to register my 3 children in April does anybody know if it's too late to get them in for September after the summer holidays?!

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Dave B

Get birth certificates for all the family - you will need them for the yellow slips. I don't know but I imagine that without yellow slips from immigration, registration at any school will be near impossible?

Also hope the children have at least some Greek, know the alphabet etc as lessons are all in Greek apart from English lessons of course.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Schools