Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » cambanellas sunday roast dinner any good
cambanellas sunday roast dinner any good 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:23 pm Reply with quote
dannymarks
Pictures: 0

can anyone tell me if they have eaten sunday roast dinner at cambanellas and is it any good. also is there other food good while im asking. thanks in advance danny marks
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

I've only ever had pasta there. I've heard the Sunday carvery is good but never tried it. But then I heard it was good at Lythos in Oriklini and it was the worst I've ever had. Not many places in Cyprus can deliver the sort of sunday roast Brits are used to. I found Flamingo Hotel in Larnaca to be the best I've tried and consistent too.

However LYSIA almost next door to Campanella - won't dissapoint. Especially not if you like Kleftiko. Limited menu but what they do is good.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:55 am Reply with quote
jb1

I've been several times and think it's good value for the money. Choice of vegetable soup or pate for starters - the pate is better IMO, Yorkshire puddings, very good choice of meats, all delicious, roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli/ cauliflower and cabbage/ green beans. Only tried the apple pie and cheesecake for puddings, both very good. Nice atmosphere, pleasant staff always make you feel welcome. Would love it if they added mashed potatoes but still a good selection. Joyce
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:13 am Reply with quote
CannyScot

Where is it?, directions would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Bill
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:52 am Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

CannyScot wrote:
Where is it?, directions would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Bill

Cambanella's Restaurant
Restaurant
Address: Amochostou 2, Dhekelia road, Dekelia, Larnaca 7081
Phone:24 647877

If you put the name in Google you will get a map and directions. You can't really miss it - it's on the main Dhekelia Rd on a corner, quite a big restaurant.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:43 am Reply with quote
Marg146

Sunday Dinner is just like you have back in the U K at The Pig & Whistle . A choice of meats, Roast potatoes ,mash ,and 3 veg with Yorkshire pudding ,and tasty gravy, They also do a small portion 5 Euro Large is 8 Euro Find them on main strip Kaparis

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:04 pm Reply with quote
cyprus_gal

I've been and although it was ok the choice of vegatables was really very limited.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
wilkykw

the queens pub do a very good sunday lunch and on wed nights a good steak night.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:01 pm Reply with quote
sunnysuzie
Pictures: 6

Cambonellas do the best steak imho, to die for, maybe a bit pricey but I would not go anywhere else. They also have a huge menu, in 15 years of living here I have never had a bad meal, nor have people I have taken there.

Flamingos is the place for Sunday dinner, best out of the lot.

Sue

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:14 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

Sorry Sue but tha Flamingo is not my favourite for Sunday Roast. All there but consistently cold. I haven't been there for ages, I always felt like asking them to put it in the micro wave!!
The one place I would recommend is the Bar Coast in Pervolia, well worth a visit........Maggie Larnaca

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote
sunnysuzie

No probs Maggie, each to their own Smile We go early to the Flamingo, so dont know if that makes a difference.

What is the rest of the food like at Bar Coast? We are debating giving it a try

Thanks

Sue

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:41 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

Bar coast have a good menu. Dave the owner and chef does a wide menu including curries etc. we went there for Christmas lunch and it was very good, no rush and all 3 courses were bang on and a free glass of champagne when we went in. Try it Sue you wont be disappointed......Maggie Larnaca

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:44 pm Reply with quote
sunnysuzie

Thanks Maggie, we will

Sue

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:50 pm Reply with quote
John Ev

Bar Coast is the one for Sunday Lunch (also a Wednesday Roast Lunch), lately there has been Bread & Butter Pudding for afters.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:50 pm Reply with quote
dannymarks

bar coast is just up the road from me as i am in kiti. so the sunday dinner is good. comments appreciated. do i need to book or should i just turn up thanks danny marks
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

cambanellas sunday roast dinner any good 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area