Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Landhaus Kitchen, Larnaca
Landhaus Kitchen, Larnaca 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:10 am Reply with quote
devil
Pictures: 1

We tried out this place with a Germanic name last night. We were welcomed, even at the bottom of the steps, by the owner, Vassos, as a prelude to an impeccable and friendly service. We were offered a selection of hot and cold starters, almost enough for a meal by themselves, besides being tempting and good quality. For mains, my wife chose boned chicken thighs with a massive plate of garnishes and sauce. My daughter chose a chicken fillet stuffed with goats cheese and vegetables. I took a chance and ordered a tenderloin fillet steak and, for the first time in 18 years in this country, the 250 g steak came as I liked it, blue to very rare, instead of the usual seemingly burnt to a frazzle. It was served with a garlic sauce that could have been a tad stronger. The garnish was baked spud and beautifully cooked carrots and broccoli, firm under the tooth. When we had finished, a plate of fresh fruit arrived and another plate with delicious slices of a kind of fruit cheesecake, but with the cheese replaced by yogurt. Glasses of a smooth and sweet mastic liqueur also appeared but this was not to my personal taste.

We washed the meal down with a 2013 Domaine Vlassides Shiraz, a very good wine, but a warning, it has a high alcohol content (15%), so drivers beware!

The menu is extensive, mostly of Mediterranean tastes (certainly not German, but the name is likely to change soon) and the prices reasonable (the menu can be found at http://www.mydestination.com/cyprus/restaurants/1170768/landhaus# )

Its address is Kritis & Ellispontou 1, Larnaca, a little off the beaten track, so check with a map to get there or use a GPS!

On the basis of food quality, I hover at 4 stars, while for service, prices, and ambiance, it must be 5 stars throughout. Well recommended.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:03 am Reply with quote
cyprus_gal
Pictures: 0

Agree, its a nice place

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:19 pm Reply with quote
PatCon
Pictures: 0

Many thanks for the tip, Devil. We're always on the lookout for a good restaurant. Sounds like you like your steak what I call very rare. Like the French waiter is supposed to have asked an English guest "Do you want your steak very rare, rare or ruined?"

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area