Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Dhekelia fish and chip shop
Dhekelia fish and chip shop 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:48 am Reply with quote
Roberda
Pictures: 0

Can anyone please tell me the route to The Famous Fish and Chip Shop at Dhekelia do we go on the coast road past Jumbo etc as we live in Larnaca Town also is the cessac book shop also there Thanks

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

Yes. Just carry on along the coast road past Jumbo for about 5km til you reach a roundabout where you turn right into Dhekelia garrison. Carry on for about 1km til you see a car park on the right by a park/beach and some buildings which are the Cessac and Lambros fish n chips. Enjoy.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
Roberda

Andrew Brooks wrote:
Yes. Just carry on along the coast road past Jumbo for about 5km til you reach a roundabout where you turn right into Dhekelia garrison. Carry on for about 1km til you see a car park on the right by a park/beach and some buildings which are the Cessac and Lambros fish n chips. Enjoy.
Many Thanks Andrew for your reply. we will enjoy cheers..

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
bill
Pictures: 3
Location: nice n sunny cold at night oroklini on the mossie breeding grounds

why don't u save on petrol and stop for a chippy at Gregory's on the dekhalia road just after jumbo's -- far superior in my view .

even mrs bill prefers Gregory's and says lambros is over rated and a bit of the --"we have been to Lambros for the best fish n chips status thingy --
never thought I would see the humble chippy have status -- ( except Gordon Ramsey exclusive fish n chip establishments lol)

but perhaps ive been unlucky when I dined at lambros because the quality and taste was just not there and I felt disappointed after I believed all the hype of the best chippy in the east of the island

the only criticism of Gregory's is they will not serve just chips and I love to make my rice chips and curry for a evening meal-- but it needs chip shop chips to taste good and sadly Gregory's will not sell only chips the only thing in my eyes that's a plus for labros is the location

Bill -- two portions of 69 with a nice hot curry sauce please lol

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Jascat

We used to like Lambros, but the quality is now very variable. It is a hit or miss to get a nice fish & chips. Either the fish is overcooked, or the chips are not cooked enough.
I suppose a fish & chip shop is only as good as the person doing the frying.
We now rarely go there.
Gregory's food is good, but the site is terrible. Right next to the road.
If it is windy, you can get dust & grit blown up by the passing traffic with your meal, accompanied by the traffic noise.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

I have always had great fish and chips from Lambros in Dhekalia in both quantity and quality. However it is the whole package we like when we go there. Good efficient service, gratis bread, salad and tahini and a cracking view over the sea. Works for me.
Paul.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

There's also a good fish n chip shop near us in Phaneromenis, Larnaca.Very smart restaurant plus take away. Prices similar to Lambros.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:09 pm Reply with quote
carts320
Pictures: 2

If your in larnaca then the new fish and chip shop on faneromenis road up from the church towards the Cineplex on the right is well worth a visit..

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:41 pm Reply with quote
sandyoap

carts320 wrote:
If your in larnaca then the new fish and chip shop on faneromenis road up from the church towards the Cineplex on the right is well worth a visit..

as you and andrew said, it's there . i'd say it's ok if you're driving past and you've got someone desperate for traditional uk style fish and chips, but i wouldn't make a special journey there.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:32 am Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

Lambros still has the edge for me too but the Sea Bar in Phaneromenis is in a modern , bright building and is equally friendly, offering grilled sea food with rice n salads too. I think the family ran fish n chip shops in Leicester for decades.
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:31 am Reply with quote
bill
Pictures: 3
Location: nice n sunny cold at night oroklini on the mossie breeding grounds

Jascat wrote:
We used to like Lambros, but the quality is now very variable. It is a hit or miss to get a nice fish & chips. Either the fish is overcooked, or the chips are not cooked enough.
I suppose a fish & chip shop is only as good as the person doing the frying.
We now rarely go there.
Gregory's food is good, but the site is terrible. Right next to the road.
If it is windy, you can get dust & grit blown up by the passing traffic with your meal, accompanied by the traffic noise.

yes I found the same about lambros and was actually thinking it was me but a few others have been honest enough to tell the truth that they didn't enjoy their meals there .
I agree about Gregorys location but the food never varies and to be honest theres lots of people prepared to brave the dust and sit down for a nice meal .
me included although I don't sit often -- prefer a takeaway and as I live close its still piping hot wen I get home .

I was never a real fan of fish n chips in the uk also never rated the good old English breakfast but since moving here I enjoy my weekly fish n chips and the occasional big breakfast -- must be a expat thing even though I grew up in Greek and Arab cultures I do crave for the delights of the big breakfast and a good chippy

bill a Gregory's regular -- dust n all lol

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Da Funk

Last time I went I was very disappointed to be told they now no longer stock Haddock even though they still advertise it on there menu.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:39 am Reply with quote
ethel

I had Grilled Cod there a few days ago,portion was very small,i wasnt even sure it was Cod,very disappointed.,have to say their fillet steak is the business.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:58 am Reply with quote
ethel

Grilled Cod there yesterday was brill,no complaints,again they do Fillet Steak,it really is the business

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:15 pm Reply with quote
cliffw

Are they open on Mondays please?

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

cliffw wrote:
Are they open on Mondays please?

They are open most days except Sunday and Cypriot Bank Holidays.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Auntielou

Does anyone know when Lambros shut down for their August break this year. I don't want to make the journey over there to find it shut. Thanks
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #18   PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:31 pm Reply with quote
phillbilly
Membership Closed

Try the Cessac shop, they actually serve the best cod fish and chips, it is diagonally opposite Lambros, I go there at least once a week and the quality is always the same. great

Post: #19   PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

Auntielou wrote:
Does anyone know when Lambros shut down for their August break this year. I don't want to make the journey over there to find it shut. Thanks

They are shut this week...

Post: #20   PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:19 am Reply with quote
phillbilly
Membership Closed

Bobbeer wrote:
Auntielou wrote:

They are shut this week...

YES < But the Cessac shop is not
Dhekelia fish and chip shop 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area