Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » All Attractions » Cyherbia organic herb garden
Cyherbia organic herb garden 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:33 am Reply with quote
Ticketty Boo
Pictures: 0

Just spend a very relaxing few hours here. The aroma as we walked around and drifting into the cafe as we had a drink is wonderful. We had a freh herbal tea, I have never been too keen on herbal teas, but this was lovely. We shared fresh from the tree figs with the owner, again these tasted delicious and nothing like any figs Ive tasted before.

Well worth a visit if you want somewhere different and relaxing. Gravel paths all the way round, a maze I believe is the only one in the area. This has taken 10 years to achieve and it shows. The owners have a real passion for what they are doing, they were very friendly and informative.

From the Paralimni—Ayia Napa areas, head for the village of Frenaros, taking the road to Liopetri. Just out of Frenaros take the right turn to Avgorou. Head into the village keeping the cemetery on your left, turn left at the main street junction. Follow this road through the center of the village towards Ormidia. As you leave Avgorou, take the white stone road on the left after the second speed bump. There will be signs posted so keep an eye out!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote
rosedan

Any one know if this place is still open please
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

From their website

Opening Hours
April 1st - October 31st
Tues - Fri 9:00 - 14:00
Sat - Sunday 9:00 - 18:00

November 1st - March 31st
Tues - Fri 9:00 - 14:00
Sat - Sun 10:00 - 16:30

Closed Mondays

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
rosedan

does anyone who the proprieter of this place is?, only ask as I think we may be related

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:44 pm Reply with quote
adyandkaren
Pictures: 23

rosedan wrote:
does anyone who the proprieter of this place is?, only ask as I think we may be related

FB admin is a Miranda Tringis
It's also worth noting that the FB opening times are different to the website, so it is probably worth checking if anyone planned to go on a Tuesday
Quote:
From their FB page https://www.facebook.com/CyHerbia/info
Phone 00357 99915443, 0035799688550
Email
Hours
Wed - Fri: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sat - Sun: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Shedman

Does anyone know the cost of admission?

Is the attraction suitable for a 7 year old and a 9 year old for a few hours of relaxed entertainment or is it more suited to adults of 'advanced' years?

Recently married, wife knows it all...

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:04 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Google the name Cyherbia and details confirmed. They are open usual cost 5 euros inc a herbal tea and often other surprises. They have a "Lavendar Festival" 2o june for 1 week.They also have a Facebook page.Superb with kids often doing quizzes etc and young and old love tha maze.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Shedman wrote:
Does anyone know the cost of admission?

Is the attraction suitable for a 7 year old and a 9 year old for a few hours of relaxed entertainment or is it more suited to adults of 'advanced' years?

It's certainly a good family day out:
http://www.easterncyprus.com/viewtopic.php?t=80754

Cheers

Steve

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

visited cyherbia 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:59 am Reply with quote
michael talukder

on the 30th June my wife and 2 friends went for lunch, there was 3 staff as they walked in no one spoke they went in the shop bought a few herbal teas. sat down in café no one else was there. had to find someone to ask if we could have something to eat and a drink they all looked miserable. all they could offer was muffin it was the worst muffin they had ever tasted dry as a bone. They had been before for afternoon tea and really enjoyed it but this was appalling. My wife had been really looking forward to going and taking her friends they all came back depressed wont be going again.
Re: visited cyherbia 
Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

michael talukder wrote:
on the 30th June my wife and 2 friends went for lunch, there was 3 staff as they walked in no one spoke they went in the shop bought a few herbal teas. sat down in café no one else was there. had to find someone to ask if we could have something to eat and a drink they all looked miserable. all they could offer was muffin it was the worst muffin they had ever tasted dry as a bone. They had been before for afternoon tea and really enjoyed it but this was appalling. My wife had been really looking forward to going and taking her friends they all came back depressed wont be going again.

Good grief! How depressing is this to read? I was all planned to take my pal there who is visiting end Sep and haven't been there myself.

I hate it when places are not 'always the same' it makes it so hard to recommend them to anyone - whether it be an attraction, or a taverna or whatever.

My list of places I can wholeheartedly recommend (without worrying that it won't be as good as it was when I last went there) is shrinking down to about FOUR now leaving aside architectural or historic sites that can hardly change! Having lived here for almost 10 years! I am loathe to recommend anywhere in my area other than -

Vlachos
Lyisa
Camel Park
Salamis

I used to recommend the gokarting at Dromolaxia for a good day out (even if a tad expensive) but that closed without warning. And, as I said, I hesitate to recommend ANYWHERE where the service, facilities, food or whatever isn't always the same and reliable. I find that 'family run' proper authentic Cypriot eateries can't be beaten and do come true to form every time.

I'm now crossing this one off the list. ATTITUDE matters so much to someone who is just here on a short holiday.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:54 am Reply with quote
FSB Properties
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Tangutica wrote:
michael talukder wrote:

Good grief! How depressing is this to read? I was all planned to take my pal there who is visiting end Sep and haven't been there myself.

I hate it when places are not 'always the same' it makes it so hard to recommend them to anyone - whether it be an attraction, or a taverna or whatever.

My list of places I can wholeheartedly recommend (without worrying that it won't be as good as it was when I last went there) is shrinking down to about FOUR now leaving aside architectural or historic sites that can hardly change! Having lived here for almost 10 years! I am loathe to recommend anywhere in my area other than -

Vlachos
Lyisa
Camel Park
Salamis

I used to recommend the gokarting at Dromolaxia for a good day out (even if a tad expensive) but that closed without warning. And, as I said, I hesitate to recommend ANYWHERE where the service, facilities, food or whatever isn't always the same and reliable. I find that 'family run' proper authentic Cypriot eateries can't be beaten and do come true to form every time.

I'm now crossing this one off the list. ATTITUDE matters so much to someone who is just here on a short holiday.

Tang,

I have been to Cyherbia on a few occasions with the grandchildren. It has always been a fun packed day. Admittedly it was when some event was on, but the staff were not as described above, but cheerful. They are not a food place although they do, do some sandwiches, their main area is the herbal teas and so on. Walking around the labyrinth is fun, checking out the herbs and flowers is in itself interesting especially if you have an interest in gardening and so on.

It's worth a trip, even if to make up your own mind.

Member of the AIPP.
Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:08 am Reply with quote
hatzyian
Pictures: 10

michael talukder wrote:

So did you say anything/complain about the service and muffin?

If you can't be good, be careful
Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:25 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

hatzyian wrote:
michael talukder wrote:

So did you say anything/complain about the service and muffin?

That would have been my question - albeit looking "miserable" may just be
the perception.

If you have had an enjoyable experience previously then I wouldn't write
it off simply because this time the muffin was dry. Yes it would be great
if experiences anywhere were always consistent but that's not easy to
find.

Cheers

Steve
Post: #14   PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:56 pm Reply with quote
journo
Pictures: 17

Tangutica wrote:

Vlachos
Lyisa
Camel Park
Salamis

Of course different people have different expectations. Sad to say I've been sent loads of complaints about each of the places on your list, Tangutica, and have had at least one-off personal/family disappointments at two of them.

However, 'one swallow doesn't make a summer' and one 'less-than 100% experience' does not, in my opinion, mean no-one should ever visit because it will be c*ap everytime.
Cyherbia organic herb garden 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » All Attractions