Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Introduce Yourself » My first winter.... BORED
My first winter.... BORED 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:42 am Reply with quote
craigbeck
Pictures: 0

This is my first winter in Cyprus and OMG I am bored bored bored... Need a new social circle!

Anyone in a similar situation shout - I am a 40 year old guy who works as a photographer in the summer and an author in the winter.

Craig
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:36 am Reply with quote
jb1

The animal shelters are always in need of volunteers, even just to walk the dogs if you have spare time during the day. Sorry can't help if it's an evening social life you're looking for. Joyce
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Could try Short mat bowling at the Mimosa Beach hotel Protaras.

We have a fun bowling and comp, bowling, but more important a good social life. Give it a go I am sure you will enjoy, we do have more than 70 members some from your neck of the woods.

Our website is
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

There is another club at Kiti, so you are about midway.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:54 am Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

Now now Kevin - dont forget to tell him there is another bowling club nearer than Kiti ie. the one at The Kama Hotel in Pernera.

Campbell.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:58 am Reply with quote
Byker
Membership Closed
Pictures: 4

craigbeck wrote:
This is my first winter in Cyprus and OMG I am bored bored bored... Need a new social circle!

Anyone in a similar situation shout - I am a 40 year old guy who works as a photographer in the summer and an author in the winter.

Craig

Welcome to Cyprus in the winter, in advance it might be a good idea to join AA, because as you can see from the above...The other options are amazing Laughing
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:13 am Reply with quote
tonyl

Campbell Findlay wrote:
Now now Kevin - dont forget to tell him there is another bowling club nearer than Kiti ie. the one at ...........

Campbell.

Surely it is not for one club to advertise another in the same area. If they want to offer their services then they should promote themselves, they do enough advertising for other stuff.

(Anyone here old enough to remember "The Shadows" Think )

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:07 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

tonyl wrote:
Campbell Findlay wrote:
Now now Kevin - dont forget to tell him there is another bowling club nearer than Kiti ie. the one at ...........

Campbell.

Surely it is not for one club to advertise another in the same area. If they want to offer their services then they should promote themselves, they do enough advertising for other stuff.

At least Campbell didn't attempt to give directions to any of them!! Laughing

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Campbell Findlay wrote:
Now now Kevin - dont forget to tell him there is another bowling club nearer than Kiti ie. the one at The Kama Hotel in Pernera.

Campbell.

Not when you live in Pyla.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Nelly1

I know what you mean, we try to go out in the day especially when it's sunny like today. And it's not rock and roll but Tuesday quiz at Lithos in Oroklini where we live gets busy. Or it did before Xmas, we've not been since going back to uk for New Year but we are going tonight.
There is also a quiz at the Only Bar in the village on Sunday nights. also Jazz night at the Tudor Inn on Piale Pasha Mondays is okay and again was busy before Xmas. Larnaca also still busy nights at weekend.
Out of interest what did u do in the Summer in Pyla? Always seems quiet and boring to me lol 😊

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:36 am Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

Byker wrote:
craigbeck wrote:

Craig

Welcome to Cyprus in the winter, in advance it might be a good idea to join AA, because as you can see from the above...The other options are amazing Laughing

Laughing

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Roberda

Yes it can be boreing in Winter i also live in larnaca ...Dave

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:03 pm Reply with quote
journo
Pictures: 17

Roberda wrote:
Yes it can be boreing in Winter i also live in larnaca ...Dave

I'm amazed anyone with broad interests could be bored on the island during winter. There are just so many things to do and places to go. What are your interests? What are you looking for?

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

Why not just LIST all these things to do then Journo? I've been on the listening end of a lot of moans from people who came to Pyla for the Easter break. So much just not OPEN.

I'd be especially interested to hear about stuff to do at this end of the island when the weather is bad and for people who don't or can't hire a car. Those who got a bus into Fini over Easter found the whole place just deserted - no stalls open on the seafront, not a soul on the beach (was busier this past weekend than at Easter) buses not running to schedule and no reason why given. And what good's the waterpark when the weather is colder than is usual for the time of year?

Even last year much more stuff was open and 'going'. This year has been pretty dismal. The Lca Dhekelia 'strip' looks as if it has been evacuated!

We've made the decision this year that for future 'Easter' holidays it will make much more sense for us all to meet up at an AI in Turkey or even in the north here than to spend it in the East of Cyprus.

Kyrenia is BUZZING. I know because I went there in late Feb and it was busy and bustling and is even more so this week. It LOOKS and FEELS like a holiday destination. Why doesn't Larnaca?

It's poor show when, on the few hot sunny days we have had that are suitable to spend at the beach they can't even be arsed to get the sunbeds out!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #14   PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:46 am Reply with quote
Marg146

I know how you feel , I found its not easy to make friends here in Cyprus as friendship's have already been formed among a lot of expats and they don't seem to accept new people into their groups. (iv lived her 3 years ) I wish you luck and hope you can settle and enjoy a good life here in Cyprus
University 
Post: #15   PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:07 pm Reply with quote
sarahanndavis

How about meeting local classes in private university in Nicosia? Of course, English speaking....Worth a try.. That is what I did myself... I loved it every moment.. I live in Paralimni and I travel to Nicosia every so often to meet international mature students..... Have a go... I was BORED in Paralimni and I explore, discover and travel around by myself.. I am 40 years old too... I used to live in London and travel quite often.... I works as freelancer researcher....(mind you, its hard for me, esp in female society!) Wink

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

My first winter.... BORED 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Introduce Yourself