Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Shipping To / From Cyprus » Import duty/ Excise duty for Fiat 500
Import duty/ Excise duty for Fiat 500 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:46 pm Reply with quote
davidmonk
Pictures: 0

I am making enquiries for a friend who wants to bring her Fiat 500 (850cc) to Cyprus and will be permanently living in Cyprus.
The car was manufactured late 2011 and taxable from 01/01/2012
Mileage is 38k miles (~50k kilometres)
Emissions is I think around 95gr/km

I downloaded a form off the internet (
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.
)

The value I calculated was 17.00

Does anyone know if this figure is correct, or what the true cost for importing the car will be? The value (if required) is circa 7k (8.4k)

David
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:13 am Reply with quote
carts320
Pictures: 2

A good contact is Foda, she's around on here from time to time, but search her name and I'm sure you will find contact info.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:28 pm Reply with quote
foda
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

[
If the vehicle is under 120 co2 then is has no excise to pay and the 17 is correct as this is the .02 cents per cc all vehicle must pay.
If you would like a complete breackdown of all the cost you can expect to import this vehicle and help with registering it then you can find my contact details on the forum or call me o. 97820657
Foda

quote="davidmonk"]I am making enquiries for a friend who wants to bring her Fiat 500 (850cc) to Cyprus and will be permanently living in Cyprus.
The car was manufactured late 2011 and taxable from 01/01/2012
Mileage is 38k miles (~50k kilometres)
Emissions is I think around 95gr/km

I downloaded a form off the internet (
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.
)

The value I calculated was 17.00

Does anyone know if this figure is correct, or what the true cost for importing the car will be? The value (if required) is circa 7k (8.4k)

David[/quote]

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:07 pm Reply with quote
davidmonk

Thanks Carts and Foda.

The excise duty of only 17 euros is good news for my friend and it looks like she will be bringing here car to Cyprus. As she lives in South of Spain at the moment, it seems like the quickest and easiest way to organize transportation is to drive the car back to UK and use Auto Shippers.
In looking into this, it seems that Cyprus is favoring imports of "green" vehicles.

I have a 1.2 Ford Fiesta (1998) which in the UK is not worth much money, but is mechanically sound and is a reliable car with many more years service in it. I do not know what the emmissions figure is for this car.

I would be keen to bring this car over to Cyprus, if I knew the import fees are not extortinate. Again, does anyone know how much it would be to import this Ford Fiesta?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
rosedan

David would it not cheaper and quicker to ship from a port in Southern Spain?, seems crazy to drive a car all the way back to the UK only for it to go right back passed Southern Spain on a ship on on its way to Cyprus

Call Foda RE the Fiesta, and may be the shipping of both cars

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:00 pm Reply with quote
foda
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I agree with the shipping from Spain makes more sense.
As for the ford I need the C02,date of reg and cc in order to give you a breakdown. Email me or send me a copy of the log book If you like.
Foda

davidmonk wrote:
Thanks Carts and Foda.

The excise duty of only 17 euros is good news for my friend and it looks like she will be bringing here car to Cyprus. As she lives in South of Spain at the moment, it seems like the quickest and easiest way to organize transportation is to drive the car back to UK and use Auto Shippers.
In looking into this, it seems that Cyprus is favoring imports of "green" vehicles.

I have a 1.2 Ford Fiesta (1998) which in the UK is not worth much money, but is mechanically sound and is a reliable car with many more years service in it. I do not know what the emmissions figure is for this car.

I would be keen to bring this car over to Cyprus, if I knew the import fees are not extortinate. Again, does anyone know how much it would be to import this Ford Fiesta?

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:19 pm Reply with quote
davidmonk

Thanks Foda.
I will send you details of the Fiesta separately.

I do not know of any car shipping service from southern Spain. All I found was shipping from Italy. That journey was a rondabout route via Syria and Egypt before arriving at Cyprus. The journey takes a week and as a passenger with the car, the total cost was more than driving back to the UK.

I will be pleased to know of a shipping service from Southern Spain.

David

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:51 am Reply with quote
foda
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I will look into it on Tuesday
Foda

davidmonk wrote:
Thanks Foda.
I will send you details of the Fiesta separately.

I do not know of any car shipping service from southern Spain. All I found was shipping from Italy. That journey was a rondabout route via Syria and Egypt before arriving at Cyprus. The journey takes a week and as a passenger with the car, the total cost was more than driving back to the UK.

I will be pleased to know of a shipping service from Southern Spain.

David

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Anne-Marie
Pictures: 3

Hi David,

I am in the process of arranging shipment of a car from the UK and I found D2D Shipment Services Ltd to be the cheapest so far.

Their charges for a shared container are 650.00 incl vat and they have quoted custom clearance charges and document preparation for taxation/registration as only 110.00. Very Happy Very Happy

They also advertise shipment of storage boxes from 20 and X large 25.

Regards
Anne-Marie

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Shipping To / From Cyprus