Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » Dog Friendly Beaches
Dog Friendly Beaches 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quote
summer-blossom
Pictures: 0

Hello everyone - my first posting on the forum and needless to say it is dog related - we are getting ready for the big move either late this year or early next year it all depends on hubbies job move.

We are bringing our 3 dogs with us so have been reading the tips and hints on this part of the forum with great interest.

We heard on the news over here in the UK that the Green MP (might have been the Euro MP) has got access to a beach in every area for dog walkers - if this is the case - where is the dog friendly beach in the Larnaca area does anyone know - or are you still waiting for an official announcement to come through sometime in the next 10 years.

I am not being cynical just realistic - we lived in Nicosia years ago and have been visiting ever since so we know things can take time to get sorted.

Just taken delivery of an apartment at Oroklini in March so would love to hear from any other residents as well. We hope to be out there again very soon. Laughing
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

Often discussed on this site, just do a search. Officially dogs are not allowed on the beach or in the water... really. Lots of people risk it but people have been fined for doing so.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quote
summer-blossom

Well it is supposed to be happening - there was a big item on BBC News 24 the other week - It showed lots of dog owners in Paphos and the MP has got all areas in Cyprus to allocate one beach for dog walking

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

Just found the article on the BBC but I am at work and cannot view video so I'll have a look later.
I don't have a dog in Cyprus but enjoy out of season walks with the mutts on beaches in Devon and Somerset. So I hope it all works out for you.
I thought the current law a bit draconian.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:32 pm Reply with quote
summer-blossom

We walk our dogs here on the only dog friendly beach in South Lincolnshire which is just north of Skegness

Luckily we have lots of places round us here where there are rivers etc. so we can walk them without any problems - that is why we were so pleased to see the clip on the BBC about Cyprus

Lets hope it gets going very soon

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quote
sunnysuzie
Pictures: 6

Hi,

I live in Oroklini, to my knowledge so far there is only 1 beach been assigned in Paphos, nothing in our area yet, can't wait for there to be as I have a dog, and would like to take him to cool off in the heat of the summer, but understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, so a beach for poochies and their owners is a great idea in my opinion. Just hope if/when it happens everyone is responsible and picks up after their pets or it could end up very unpleasant.

If I hear any news I'll post on here.

Good luck with the move.

Sue

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quote
summer-blossom

Thanks Sue - I will look forward to hearing some good news - it would be wonderful to have just one beach that you were allowed to go on - if it doesn't happen perhaps the Eastern end of the Island needs to protest like they did in the Paphos area
Dog Friendly Beaches 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus