Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » All Attractions » Accommodation Panhandle area
Accommodation Panhandle area 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:59 am Reply with quote
dangambino
Pictures: 0

Can anyone recommend any places in this area - just looking to stay for one night.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Accommodation Panhandle area 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:28 am Reply with quote
bill
Pictures: 3
Location: nice n sunny cold at night oroklini on the mossie breeding grounds

dangambino wrote:
Can anyone recommend any places in this area - just looking to stay for one night.

should be a interesting post to follow

bill

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:05 am Reply with quote
LynSab
Pictures: 1

As the north of the island is illegally occupied then ( at the very least ) it's insensitive to advertise any places to stay whilst over there.

It's not illegal of course to go over in your own car as long as it's insured ( make sure you too have medical cover that ' recognises ' the north of the island you may not want to end up in a govt hospital there....)

So suggest instead you look for answers on forums based in the North..

We do often discuss the north on the forum, but stop short of any advertising unless it's to do with car insurance etc....

Many people cross over at the legal crossings especially on bank holidays which can be much busier..

Driving over to the area you mention, you will see many places on the way to stay in.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:44 am Reply with quote
dangambino
Pictures: 0

Strangely enough I have now found some posts/recommendations/call it what you will in this forum in 2013, and will also follow the advice to look in forums based in the North.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:57 am Reply with quote
bill

dangambino wrote:
Strangely enough I have now found some posts/recommendations/call it what you will in this forum in 2013, and will also follow the advice to look in forums based in the North.

a really beautiful part of the island -- u will enjoy

I go regular up there to see Greek friends and relatives so never need to look for a place to stay lol

Bill

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:40 pm Reply with quote
geof j
Pictures: 2

sometims danga, it is easier to google, tripadvisor etc. to find places in the North rather than ask on the forum,where the issue is very contentious, never mind the fact that TC's can have medical treatment and education in the south, and that many GC's shop,stay, visit friends, and gamble in the "dark side",and many still live in the North ,having chosen not too leave after '74.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:12 pm Reply with quote
bill

geof j wrote:
sometims danga, it is easier to google, tripadvisor etc. to find places in the North rather than ask on the forum,where the issue is very contentious, never mind the fact that TC's can have medical treatment and education in the south, and that many GC's shop,stay, visit friends, and gamble in the "dark side",and many still live in the North ,having chosen not too leave after '74.

not a lot of gc's will acknowledge that Geof

Bill

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » All Attractions