Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Meeting-Up » Over 60, club.
Over 60, club. 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:08 pm Reply with quote
The Other Bob
Pictures: 0

Hi everybody,
Well everybody who came to the Christmas buffet at the Magazaki restaurant last Wednesday evening, thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The buffet , was very good, and the entertainment ,provided by Ollie got everyone up dancing. Twenty five people actually let me know they were coming, but in the end we had forty in the Restaurant! A good night, enjoyed by all, and thanks to the manager, Andy.
A few days previously about eight members took advantage of the offer of the Mimosa short mat bowling club, to pay them a visit. They all enjoyed the visit and were looked after by the club members, who we thank for their welcome and help.

If anyone wishes to make their own arrangements, please contact either Kevin at the Mimosa club on 99111519 or Roy, at the Karma club on 999111627.
I was going to arrange a group to go to the Kama hotel, but time has run away with me and as this is a very busy month for everybody, with Christmas and holidays etc, I will leave this till next year.

The meal at the Lavezin restaurant is going ahead on Saturday 13th of the month at 6-30pm. Three course meal, with tea and coffee, entertainment, and a large raffle, this should be a good night!
I am not arranging anything else for December, as everyone is busy one way or another, it seems.
I did suggest we could set up a meeting to go Ten pin bowling in Parallimni, and have one couple interested, are there any more out there, let me know please.
Next monthly meeting should be on the last Friday in the month, which this month is the 26th, Boxing day. So the next meeting will be on the next Friday, which is the 2nd of January, at the Magazaki restaurant. usual time 2pm.
I still would like to get a committee organized to take over the running of the club, and if this did take place, there is no need at all for me to be necessarily on the said committee! I have had one gentleman volunteering to help organise a committee and I have one lady, who has been very helpful organising a couple of itineries for coach trips up to Troodos ,prices, places to visit etc. This would be early next year, February or March, more details later.
It has been suggested that the Magazaki restaurant, good as it is, is not central enough for some members, and that it would be better if we had a different venue each month so that the distance travelled to meetings would be more fair to all. Now I think this could be a good idea, if everyone gave us the details of their favourite suggested venues, in their own villages, we would all get a look at different places as well as meeting each other in a fairer way, distance wise, if that makes sense!
Now I have had a very bad cold this week, thick head, runny nose, you know the feeling, that is why this report is late, and also if there are any mistakes here it is my fault, I could not think straight with a thick head, so forgive me for this late report. I will have missed out something or other, but for now,
so long, not forgetting of course to,
Wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year,

Bob J

PS I still have some wrong email addresses, if you have not had an email from me, then that is the reason!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Email address 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:51 am Reply with quote
jolizos

Hi Bob
I have sent 3 emails to you with my email address but have had no replies.
Its ok we can take the hint.
John
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Over 60, club. 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote
The Other Bob

To Jolizos,
Hi John,
I am sorry, this is a mystery to me, I have no record of any mail from you.
I would not ignore you, I wonder if either you have my email address wrong, or if your mail is going into my junk mail file.!
I will check my junk mail, but meanwhile here is my correct email address. bobjjenkins1@gmail .com Hope to hear from you soon,

Best wishes,

Bob J
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Over 60, club. 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Meeting-Up