Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates » Andreas Coucounis
Andreas Coucounis 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote
emanon
Pictures: 0

Having taken over from my lawyer who had sent letters via the bailiff a long time ago to my neighbor re damages for sewage seepage, etc etc, the above was employed by [Edit], and they eventually replied to me with a letter full of libel. With no further replies to my letters to them I handed in a letter to them on 21.07.2014 requesting payment and a reply, and saying that I had also been told that serious slanderous comments had been made against me by their client. I told them that I would be reporting them to the Cyprus Bar if I didn't have a reply within 7 days. I said this in order to provoke a reply! Their reply viz: (never any ref. no.)
Larnaca, 23/7/2014
Dear Mrs .............
RE: Your letter 21/07/2014
We have received your letter dated 21/07/2014, the contents of which we reject in their entirety.

Furthermore, we hereby ask you to stop every communication with us. If you fail to do so we will report you to the police.

Yours faithfully (should have been sincerely!)

Tasos Coucounis
Lawyers -Legal Consultants

I consider their above threat to be an attempt at frightening me, and this action would be wasting Police time. They appear to be very amateurish to me for various reasons, and do not appear to have seen any evidence of the damage to my property etc.

Has anyone else come across these Lawyers-Legal Consultants? I will appreciate any advice on what to do next.

I put up with 5 dogs barking every morning at 6.00am, and their excrement left for days on end, etc. but this is another matter.

Thank you.

Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote
LynSab
Pictures: 1

The ONLY advice you should take IMO is from a lawyer, you can't get nieghbourhood disputes sorted amicably once it gets to this stage I don't think..

Doesnt [Edit] own a dog kennel? If so dogs would be barking .....that's going to be difficult to stop IF you moved in nearby after the fact.

I would recommend Louise Zambartas lawyers in Limmasol for the dispute, she was once an advisor on this forum, google her name and you'll get all the details.

As for the lawyers letter to you, it's not what you'd call professional is it? I have my doubts it's from an actual lawyer......
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Andreas 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:10 pm Reply with quote
emanon

Thanks Lynsab. I was using a very good lawyer in Nicosia, but of course, their costs were mounting, and I have other things going on since the untimely death of my husband. Hence, coming from a professional background I decided to deal with matters myself.
[Edit] fortunately vacated her property almost overnight, but is still living locally, so the problem with the dogs is no longer there. The Council is sorting out illegal railings etc, but it is for me to get the increasing damages from her. Her daughter co-owns the property on paper, and I do know where she works.
This woman has been reported to the Police many times by others, and seems incapable of dealing with anything in an amicable manner, and seems to have a problem with the truth! Libeling a local developer was probably not a good idea!
As for the 'Lawyers' they are, in my opinion, totally incapable of acting with the usual professionalism that one would expect, and their office bears out my impression. My late husband, who was only 63 when he died [Edit] was a Royal Military Policeman, so threatening me with the Police, and wasting their precious time, is a no brainer. Sometimes I suffer fools gladly; sometimes I don't suffer them at all.
Thanks again.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Andreas....... 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:09 pm Reply with quote
emanon

Owing to recent events, the above's letter to me, together with further correspondence, and my lawyer's letter to the 'lady' who owes me money from allowing her sewage to wreck my concrete shed, over a long period of time, etc etc is now with the Police, saving them the bother of reporting me for my audacity in expecting an answer from them in view of their client's various actions. Copies of correspondence will be going to the Bar Assn. 'This is Cyprus innit' -(the 'lady' is, however British!) so it'll be interesting to see what they do.
I'm trying to stick to the family 'Vineit Pericula Virtus' -Virtue conquers Peril!

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:57 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

Hi emanon

I see that your posting is titled Andreas Coucounis but you've been in contact with Tasos Coucounis?

Andreas is Tasos' uncle and has a different law firm.

Regards,

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:36 am Reply with quote
emanon

Thank you Nigel.
I was using the letter heading of the firm, but you are correct, the letter was signed by Tasos Coucounis.
Emanon Very Happy

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
sandyoap

nhowarth wrote:
Hi emanon

I see that your posting is titled Andreas Coucounis but you've been in contact with Tasos Coucounis?

Andreas is Tasos' uncle and has a different law firm.

Regards,

tasos dimitria and alexandros-marios all work for their family firm of andreas coucounis.
Andreas 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:58 pm Reply with quote
emanon

Thank you for that information.
In view of Tassos' threat to me, and apparently taking instructions from his client that libeled me (and a developer!) without apparently seeing any evidence of my neighbour's 'activities', when my lawyer had seen photographs, plumber's report etc. I have reported him to the Cyprus Bar Association, so will see what happens. Sometimes unfortunately these measures have to be taken, especially as his client is slandering me on a large scale, whilst owing me money for allowing her sewage to wreck my concrete shed for weeks!
Oh for a quiet life.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Andreas Coucounis 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates