Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Exchange Money & Rates » can anyone tell me
can anyone tell me 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:06 pm Reply with quote
kelly
Pictures: 0

What the exchange rate is in Cyprus at the moment

The best I've seen in UK is 80.89 no commission

Many Thanks

Kelly

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:18 pm Reply with quote
thehair

Hi don't get caught , never change money in the UK, the rate is always better in Cyprus , threres been a drop in the last few days it was almost .85 have a look here http://www.bankofcyprus.com/currency.asp , are you ooking to change a large sum of money? if so there are other ways of getting a higher rate.

Alan
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:31 pm Reply with quote
kelly

I was over in October and the exchange rate was low and doesn't seem to be getting much better.

Bank of Cyprus rate looks good but they sting you in charges.

I'm not looking to exchange loads of money but at least a couple of thousand.

kelly

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:52 pm Reply with quote
thehair

Ok, this is what i do , i have a bank account in cyprus a sterling one and and a local one (cypriot). I transfere my money from myUK Lloyds account out to my cyprus local account, it costs 25.00 i then send them an email when the exchange rate is good to tell the Cyprus bank to exchange the sterling and put it in my local account. You can take the cash with you to Cyprus and put it in your account, saving the 25.00 but it will take 3-5 days for the cash to be accepted into you Cyprus account before you can change it. Or you don't wait and you can change some or all of it but you won't get the higher rate.

It may be different for other banks

Alan
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

Kelly
I jst go to the hut in Ayia napa it was 83:50 when we left last Sunday with no commision

On Friday the bank was 84 but then you have charges

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:21 pm Reply with quote
tracyandterry

Hi Elizavet

Could you please describe where the Hut is so that Terry and I can pop there in Feb as we have a largish amount to change up.

Thank you.

Tracy

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:38 pm Reply with quote
thehair

Thats great cos some times i have friends who only have 500 to change, but if you visit Cyprus often its better to change up larger amounts and get some interest on your money . There are other methods.

Alan

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:07 am Reply with quote
Elizavet

hi Kelly
you look for the big Mcdonalds walk towards the traffic lights the hut is there on your right next to the small cemetry.

It only opens from 11 in the winter but sometimes its later,

when I was buying things for the aprtment i just took all my thousands Laughing Laughing Laughing and changed them as I went along.

Now when I am over I take cash, change it at the hut and at the end of the holiday pay a UK cheque into my Cy acc for the bills and our car fund

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:54 pm Reply with quote
kelly

Thanks everyone

Elizavet - one more question - is there a limit on how much they will change?

Thanks again

Kelly

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet

I have changed up to 2 k at a time.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:14 pm Reply with quote
kelly

Elizavet

Thanks a million -
Your a star

Only 2 weeks and 2 days (not that I'm counting)

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Exchange Money & Rates