Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Cypriot Recipes & Music » Pourgouri
Pourgouri 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:06 pm Reply with quote
glass101
Pictures: 0

Hiya, I make my own Pourgouri thanks to Kwacka for telling me what it is and how to make it. Does anyone know if you can make it in advance and freeze it in containers.

Thanks,

Linda
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:11 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Didn't work for me but someone may know better. It is so quick and easy to make so why bother ?Smile
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Pourgouri 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Neville J
Pictures: 1

glass101 wrote:
Hiya, I make my own Pourgouri thanks to Kwacka for telling me what it is and how to make it. Does anyone know if you can make it in advance and freeze it in containers.

Thanks,

Linda

Wife makes it and freezes it all the time no problem

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
J B
Location: Shropshire/Staffordshire/Cheshire (UK) and Tala (Paphos) sometimes!

Dare I ask what it is?

Confused

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed

J B wrote:
Dare I ask what it is?

Confused

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
journo
Pictures: 17

Absolutely no problems in freezing pourgouri, but since most of us use it as a starter or side dish, (meaning you will be preparing other dishes) it's not really worth it.

I tend to agree with scottie here. Pourgouri is quick and easy to prepare fresh. Why would you bother to take up valuable freezer space for something so quick to prepare fresh?

We use our freezers for fresh meat, fish, and food which takes hours to prepare/cook or is unusual to find.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

J B wrote:
Dare I ask what it is?

Confused

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Anne-Marie
Pictures: 3

As I live on my own most of the time I don't really bother cooking very often and so when I do cook pourgouri I like to make a large pan of it and freeze into portions. It always defrosts perfectly and with a quick ping of the microwave I have a ready meal Very Happy Very Happy

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Pourgouri 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Cypriot Recipes & Music