Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Shipping To / From Cyprus » Anyone need cheap shipping to UK?
Anyone need cheap shipping to UK? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Sheryl246
Pictures: 0

We are moving to Cyprus in June and if anyone is going in the opposite direction with a full or part load it would made it really cheap for both parties. Transportation is by road and takes a week in a LWB Luton. Professional removal company doing the job.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote
carts320
Pictures: 2

Make sure they enter cyprus in the correct way...
Think I'm correct in saying if your moving to the south you need to bring your stuff in through a south entry port and not via the north...
Good luck..

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Sheryl246

Thanks for that but it is all being done by the book. Just trying to find a way to bring the cost down and help someone else who may be looking to get their stuff home cheaply.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

If it is being done by the book, what is the port of entry and departure?

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Sheryl246

Limassol.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
pav
Pictures: 17

i would be interested in approx price for a 1m x 1.2m pallet of boxes around 200kg would be no higher than 1.4m, personnel belongings can be handballed on and black plastic wrapped at collection point this wouldn't take more than 30-40 minutes (paralimni area).
i can arrange collection in the uk at your companies final destination.
pm or post reply please.
paul.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:35 am Reply with quote
carts320

Is it really that much cheaper to drive the load (return trip) than ship direct from uk? I was under the impression ferry from Greece or Italy was a little hit and miss and expensive and not alway a gurantee that the driver could travel with the vehicle.
Would be interesting to know rough costs and if driver will be traveling on the ferry. As I have something in mind and doing this way could be fun.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:25 am Reply with quote
Sheryl246

Carts and Pav, I am new to this forum so can't PM you yet. Can you PM me to discuss this further. Pav , I have given the company details of your load and await their reply.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote
Sheryl246

PAV would your load take up a whole Luton van or only part of it ? Approx cu ft would help if you know it.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:22 pm Reply with quote
carts320

Sheryl246 wrote:
PAV would your load take up a whole Luton van or only part of it ? Approx cu ft would help if you know it.

Pav has already given you the size...

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:31 pm Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed

Have you had a quote to have it sent over in a container, a luton is only about a half container, surely its cheaper then for a luton van to drive to Cyprus..ferries etc then drive back again..I can recommend Andrews shipping.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Sheryl246

I'm sure PAV can answer for himself thanks and yes I've had a number of quotes for container shipping

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Sheryl246

yes I've had a number of quotes for container shipping but thank you for your interest

Post: #14   PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:55 am Reply with quote
carts320

Sheryl246 wrote:
I'm sure PAV can answer for himself thanks and yes I've had a number of quotes for container shipping

no ones questioning if Pav can or cant I was merely pointing out he had already posted sizes....

Post: #15   PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:01 am Reply with quote
pav
Pictures: 17

pav wrote:
i would be interested in approx price for a 1m x 1.2m pallet of boxes around 200kg would be no higher than 1.4m, personnel belongings can be handballed on and black plastic wrapped at collection point this wouldn't take more than 30-40 minutes (paralimni area).
i can arrange collection in the uk at your companies final destination.
pm or post reply please.
paul.

weight aside you would get 6 of these pallets on a standard luton van
paul.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Sheryl246

Hi Paul. I think I have a plan that we can both work towards. Are you able to pm me ?

Post: #17   PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:31 pm Reply with quote
J B
Location: Shropshire/Staffordshire/Cheshire (UK) and Tala (Paphos) sometimes!

I have posted the link to this thread on CL, so will do the same in return ...

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:49 pm Reply with quote
sandyoap

sheryl, where are you shipping from in the uk and any chance there's space in the van for a rocking chair? not asking for free, just for an affordable shipping option that doesn't cost more than the value of the thing.

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

You should be prepared to get comments from all sorts on this subject. It is a subject of interest to many.

I looked into all sorts of 'shipping' when I came over as was not bringing any furniture, white goods or any large or bulky items. Still ended up cheapest by using a shipping co. I used a 'student' one. And paid around 600 for 8 tea chest sized cardboard cartons. Took about 8 weeks to arrive.

To be honest, I was sorry I even bothered to ship that much! I know quite a lot of people who regretted shipping their house contents over.

I fell into the trap of being convinced that electrical goods were much more expensive in Cyprus so bought printer etc. and shipped from UK. I know better now. Even most of the personal effects, clothing etc. I shipped were little used if at all once I lived here.

And, after surviving 8 weeks without any of it I did wonder why I bothered at all!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Anyone need cheap shipping to UK? 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Shipping To / From Cyprus