Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Events, Functions & Tourist Info » Larnaca Arts & Crafts Market
Larnaca Arts & Crafts Market 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:18 am Reply with quote
cashow
Pictures: 0

Hi I am Carol and I make Natural & Handcrafted soap. I have just contacted the organisers of the Larnaca Craft Market and unless I am a Cypriot or live in Larnaca I cannot participate in the Market. I would also have to have a specific White Tent which I was told I could not get as the suppliers are out of stock. Just thought I would let you know if there are any other Arts & Crafts People out there. By the way I live in Vrysoulles Confused
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Larnaca Arts & Crafts Market 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:26 am Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed

cashow wrote:
Hi I am Carol and I make Natural & Handcrafted soap. I have just contacted the organisers of the Larnaca Craft Market and unless I am a Cypriot or live in Larnaca I cannot participate in the Market. I would also have to have a specific White Tent which I was told I could not get as the suppliers are out of stock. Just thought I would let you know if there are any other Arts & Crafts People out there. By the way I live in Vrysoulles Confused
If im correct this is licenced by the Larnaca municipality and is at the finigouthes, I can understand them only allowing Larnaca residents as its a Larnaca event... but only Cypriots being allowed!! this dosnt sound right, please ring up the council and check/report this to them, as for the tents they do all use the same standard white tent.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:36 am Reply with quote
cashow

Sorry Mis worded You can participate if you are a Cypriot but also you can participate if you live in Larnaca does not matter if you are a Cypriot. Sorry
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed

Sorry just to clear it up, you say it dosnt matter if you are not Cypriot, you just have to be a Larnaca resident! that's acceptable because it is a Larnaca craft fair. Just to add thinking back we browsed the stalls the last time this event took place a few months ago if I remember right, and im sure one of the stalls had British ladies running it and another there was a couple of Scandinavian ladies running that one.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:10 am Reply with quote
cashow

That is correct Either a Larnaca Resident no matter what nationality or a Cypriot from anywhere, that is how I understood what I was told. Hope this clears the matter up for you. I will be going to Lavadia instead.....

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed

cashow one way round this Larnaca resident rule might be to get a friend of yours that lives in Larnaca to book the pitch for you and just spend the day with you there....good luck with what ever you do.
Craft 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:15 am Reply with quote
SBS

Hi Carol, you are right, I applied last year and they said unless I was Cypriot/married to a Cypriot or live in Larnaca I wasnt eligible. I said that having to be Cypriot or married to one was discriminatory and they said they can give me the name and number of the person at the Municipality to complain to if I wanted!

To be honest thou it's a c**p market/craft fayre. There are about 20 stalls and 17 of the, are selling the same rope type jewellery. A friend of mine did it for 2 months but people dont want to spend good money and want everything for nothing so you're not missing much.

I met you at Thekla the other week. i'll come and see you Next week as there's something you may be interested in.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:14 am Reply with quote
cashow

Thank you for your response. I will look forward to seeing you. I hope I will be there as I have an appointment at 9am and I am going to ask a friend if she will cover for me for an hour, so if your down there around 10.30 that will be great.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Craft 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:41 am Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed

SBS wrote:
Hi Carol, you are right, I applied last year and they said unless I was Cypriot/married to a Cypriot or live in Larnaca I wasnt eligible. I said that having to be Cypriot or married to one was discriminatory and they said they can give me the name and number of the person at the Municipality to complain to if I wanted!

To be honest thou it's a c**p market/craft fayre. There are about 20 stalls and 17 of the, are selling the same rope type jewellery. A friend of mine did it for 2 months but people dont want to spend good money and want everything for nothing so you're not missing much.

I met you at Thekla the other week. i'll come and see you Next week as there's something you may be interested in.
If seventeen of the twenty stalls are selling the same jewellery, then surely, business wise its a great opportunity for someone to sell something different!.
Larnaca Arts & Crafts Market 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Events, Functions & Tourist Info