Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Floor Steamers ....... Goto page 1, 2  Next
Floor Steamers ....... 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:06 pm Reply with quote
SBS
Pictures: 0

Do they really work? Do they get grouting clean? What make would you recommend?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:05 am Reply with quote
wiseman

I would recommend KARCHER but you need a good one, not a cheap one. I do the grout on my floor tiles twice a year, very hard work but well worth the effort. The only way is with the nozzle on your hands and knees, the attachments do not clean the grout. I have tried everything to clean grout and this is the only thing that works properly.
s.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Floor steam cleaners 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote
billyboy

Hi

No they don't clean the grouting, it doesn't even clean the slight indents I have in my tiles. I've had two steam cleaners in the last two years, both broke down within 6 months, first was a black and decker, second
Was a VAx, they are now going to replace the vax one in the uk. So I will see how long it lasts.

Hope info helpful.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
Ristac
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 13

Steam cleaners bring the tiles up a treat but be careful with the powerful hand held ones, a crack in the grout and you can end up blasting steam behind the tile and lifting it.

We have got through 4 in total both at home and in Cyrpus, none of the upright floor ones last that long. The only one that does is the top end of the market, a Polti but they are chunky and cumbersome.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

We used to have top of the range Polti and it worked very well on grouting.
Eventually after about 6 years the Polti died on us as the water tanks choked with calcium.
Mop 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:45 pm Reply with quote
SBS

Thanks for the replies, as they were so mixed, not sure what to do now. A toothbrush on hands & knees seems preferable although not enjoyable!

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:24 pm Reply with quote
wiseman

Just to reiterate what I said previously about using my KARCHER steam cleaner for cleaning grout - I have just done one room and have attached before and after photos
S.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

Bought a Karcher steam cleaner last week to save the wife getting on her hands and knees. Still to use it mind you.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:05 am Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed

We have a wall paper remover steamer with attachments for cleaning oven tiles etc...works well but its quite powerful.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

We have got one, but luckily I don't know how to use it, and the instructions are in women speak.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
LynSab

mouse wrote:
We have got one, but luckily I don't know how to use it, and the instructions are in women speak.

Yes but you men do yourself harm using dangerous machines such as steam cleaners, only us women are capable of using them without injury Laughing Laughing

We have a Karcher SC1 020 multi purpose, I find it brill for floors, a little less brill for the other things it supposedly cleans but okay.

In Cyprus after two houses with grouting that needed cleaning constantly 😠😠I stood over my excellent Cypriot tiler on our last build and said to him, "you put in dark grouting else I kill you" Rolling Eyes He listened, the flooring throughout is the same big creamy tiles and brownish grey grouting, it still looks very good five years later, and noooooo scrubbing. I think I have a picture somewhere...but you get my drift, no women or men need to clean coloured grouting.

Of course we did mop occasionally and steam Very Happy Here in the UK the same steam cleaner deals with ceramic tiles, laminate, wood floors and when OH spills his coffee on the carpet Rolling Eyes It's a good machine for floors, plus it got limescale off old taps without using acid.

So I would recommend it, Amazon sell it for 95 I think, it's not too heavy so p&p shouldn't be too bad to Cyprus. Maybe compare buying within Cyprus or getting it shipped out?

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
mouse

[quote="LynSab"]
mouse wrote:

Yes but you men do yourself harm using dangerous machines such as steam cleaners, only us women are capable of using them without injury Laughing Laughing

I think vacuum cleaners and potato peelers are dangerous as well as washing machines, even kitchen sinks are dangerous, Irons are deadly therefore I do not use anything that is dangerous or can be harmful. Wink

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote
LynSab

[quote="mouse"]
LynSab wrote:
mouse wrote:

I think vacuum cleaners and potato peelers are dangerous as well as washing machines, even kitchen sinks are dangerous, Irons are deadly therefore I do not use anything that is dangerous or can be harmful. Wink

And don't forget toilet lids, men don't like to touch them either Rolling Eyes Wink

Even more dangerous to men is the very dangerous procedure of changing loo rolls Shocked I don't expect men to do that....that's asking far too much...that's defo a women's job 😁

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
cliffw

Mouse, I'll teach you to use the steamer if you teach me to bowl.
Mrs Cliffw

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:16 pm Reply with quote
mouse

[quote="LynSab"]
mouse wrote:
LynSab wrote:
mouse wrote:

And don't forget toilet lids, men don't like to touch them either Rolling Eyes Wink

Even more dangerous to men is the very dangerous procedure of changing loo rolls Shocked I don't expect men to do that....that's asking far too much...that's defo a women's job 😁

I am so glad you agree with me Lyn Wink or some would call me a masso wotsit I also like squeezing out the last bit of toothpaste, so I don't have to be the one to open a new one. Laughing

It's not that I am lazy, I am just the wrong shape for work.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:24 pm Reply with quote
anpet

[quote="LynSab"]
mouse wrote:
LynSab wrote:
mouse wrote:

Wot's a toilet lid?

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

bromerzz wrote:
Bought a Karcher steam cleaner last week to save the wife getting on her hands and knees. Still to use it mind you.

Think I might get Julie one of these steam cleaners - last year I bought her
the latest Vacuum but she didn't like it... it's been collecting dust ever since Wink

Cheers

Steve

Post: #18   PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:04 pm Reply with quote
mouse

Steve - SJD wrote:
bromerzz wrote:

Think I might get Julie one of these steam cleaners - last year I bought her
the latest Vacuum but she didn't like it... it's been collecting dust ever since Wink

Cheers

Steve

Rolling Eyes Leave the silly jokes too me. Wink Laughing

Post: #19   PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

Don't opt for white grouting in the first place is my solution! Or let it all go until it looks as if you had darker grouting!

Post: #20   PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:49 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Tangutica wrote:
Don't opt for white grouting in the first place is my solution! Or let it all go until it looks as if you had darker grouting!

Laughing Laughing Now this is good advice Laughing
Feminine logic at work Nice one
Floor Steamers ....... 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat