Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Events, Functions & Tourist Info » Mini cruises from Cyprus to Egypt in 2013
Mini cruises from Cyprus to Egypt in 2013 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:16 am Reply with quote
winstanley59
Pictures: 0

Hi everyone - I wonder if you could help me? My husband Jack is retiring this year and we are going to Cyprus for 7 weeks from 4 September.

Last year I asked for help selecting accommodation and loved the apartment we booked, and we have rebooked for this year to go to Kapparis again.

I wondered if the mini cruises were still running and where we should book and who we should book with and the cost etc plus your recommendations etc?

Guess it is lovely in Cyprus now - we are freezing in N Ireland, as usual?

heidi x
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote
LynSab
Pictures: 1

Looking on the Louis cruise line website and this one with Salamis cruises

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

It would appear they aren't going to Egypt again this year.

But if you look thru the above website and the Louis cruise line website there are many two, three or four day cruises from Limassol in September, to the holy land or Greek islands etc.

We did a four day one years ago to Egypt and Israel, it was fabulous and got us into cruising everywhere else now.

HTH
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote
ethel

I just came back off a weeks cruise from Limmasol to Alanya,Alexandria,Port Said,and Ashdod,with Thomson Cruises and they go beginning off the season and end of the season and a weeks cruise inc full board was 225 sterling and i have done this for the last 3 years.It also does Turkey and Greek island inc Athens and excellent ships,food and crew.Iam going again in June from Marmaris cruising to Turkey,Romania,Bulgaria and Ukraine with Thomson.The ships are owned by Louis Lines of Cyprus but operate out of Malta.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:49 pm Reply with quote
SunnyDayzs

Ethel.
Sounds wonderful.
Could you tell me with who/how you arranged your bookings.
Thanks in advance,

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote
ethel

Go on to Thomson holidays website click cruise then select cruise only give the dates and thats it BUT they will only accept a British credit card not Cypriot and that was before the banking crisis here. The Thomson Spirit is sailing from here back to the UK soon and its very cheap.The people who emailed me about the June cruise you fly from Ercan to Dalaman with Pegasus air all new planes and very good.The Thomson Celebration is coming up from Sharm El Sheikh and based in Marmaris for the season.Hope that helps.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Tina Torment

SunnyDayzs wrote:
Thanks in advance,

Or you can organise it with Century Travel here in Cyprus as we have several times.
If you sign up to either Thomson or Century Travel facebook or email, you will the first to get their special offers.

We went on the same cruise as Ethel in April 2011 for just 249 euro p.p. so was great value for money and the Thomson Celebration was fantastic. Her sister ship, The Spirit is equally as good and they alternate around the Eastern Med. We went last year to Venice sailing from Corfu on The Majesty & whilst we still had a brilliant time, found the ship wasn't as clean or as much choice regarding food & entertainment.

Enjoy!

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:45 am Reply with quote
shuggybear

Tina Torment wrote:
SunnyDayzs wrote:
Thanks in advance,

Or you can organise it with Century Travel here in Cyprus as we have several times.
If you sign up to either Thomson or Century Travel facebook or email, you will the first to get their special offers.

We went on the same cruise as Ethel in April 2011 for just 249 euro p.p. so was great value for money and the Thomson Celebration was fantastic. Her sister ship, The Spirit is equally as good and they alternate around the Eastern Med. We went last year to Venice sailing from Corfu on The Majesty & whilst we still had a brilliant time, found the ship wasn't as clean or as much choice regarding food & entertainment.

Enjoy!

would like more details about getting on or off in Cyprus from or to uk pls do they do one way plus will they take a car

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:16 am Reply with quote
ethel

They are proper cruise ships so dont take a car and if you spend some time on Thomson website you can get all the info on there especially about the Celebration its cruising Scandinavia and the Northern Hemisphere but coming to Limassol first to pick up passengers.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:56 am Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

Very interesting info Ethel. Sounds great. Interesting about leaving from UK and picking up in Limassol. Sure beats me flying back to UK first to go anywhere with my lot.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:15 am Reply with quote
winstanley59

Hi everyone - thank you for all the great information. I looked at the mini cruises and it look like there are a couple in Sept and Oct - I will try to price them. Would they be cheaper to book at the last minute, do you think?

Should I book on line or through a travel agent in CYprus?

What about costs on board? I do not think I could afford the lovely Thomson cruises but the Louis ones may be a poss?

Any other help would be appreciated. many thanks from Heidi x

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:26 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

winstanley59 wrote:
Hi everyone - thank you for all the great information. I looked at the mini cruises and it look like there are a couple in Sept and Oct - I will try to price them. Would they be cheaper to book at the last minute, do you think?

Should I book on line or through a travel agent in CYprus?

What about costs on board? I do not think I could afford the lovely Thomson cruises but the Louis ones may be a poss?

Any other help would be appreciated. many thanks from Heidi x

It is normally cheaper if you wait till you get to Cyprus for the Mini Cruises.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
winstanley59

Hi kevin- thank you, I will wait until we get there, I think.
Thomson cruises 
Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

going on the one from Limassol in April on Thomson Spirit and getting various opinions on things like on board drinks ,taking tea/coffee making things in cabin and shore trips. Would anyone who has done such a trip have any advice. Even Century Travel and Thomson forum site seem to be somewhat ambiguous.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote
ethel

Been many times, but its cheaper to book direct with Thomson on their website but they only accept a British credit card not a Cypriot one.Drinks about the same as you pay in a UK pub,the excursions can be very expensive,onboard entertainment is very good, food very good,its very cheap for what you get and i will also go back again.I would take a small kettle as it can be a long way for a morning cuppa when you wake up.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:24 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

thanks Ethel for taking time to reply that was very useful. Note the comment about excursions and we have already found a site for Israel trips priced in US$ very competitively to include all the Jerusalem sites and then Dead Sea. Have you done those?

I am personally keen to do the Cyprus to UK trip either from Limassol or via Turkey using trains. Wife however prefers to stick to flying so a couple of weeks holiday doing my own Michael Palin thing may await!

Bob

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:46 am Reply with quote
ethel

Grimaldi Ferries do a round about way thru the Med back to Southampton, but i think its very expensive and not many onboard things to do but the Thomson Cruises really are value for money,but as i say the excursions are dear,but there is so much to do and see and i notice that this year they are leaving Alexandria off the Itinerary as its too dangerous there now, but one of the cruises is staying over night in Ashdod which lets you do the Dead Sea etc or even a cab ride into Tel Aviv but not a lot to see or do in Ashdod i am afraid.
Mini cruises from Cyprus to Egypt in 2013 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Events, Functions & Tourist Info