Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Chill Bar Xylofagou Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chill Bar Xylofagou 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:54 pm Reply with quote
jeffpick
Pictures: 0

Just opened, found it in July when I was over for a jolly. Excellent food good service, lots of plasma screens for the footie. Looks like it should be on the quayside in Newcastle. Opposite Guitar bar (another nice place) over the waste ground/car park just next to the church. Well worth a visit.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:19 pm Reply with quote
robster07
Pictures: 5

Hi, went there several times begining of this month, loads of brits & ran by Donna from Newcastle area... Highly recommended.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:22 pm Reply with quote
THEredtrike

Heard that it has changed hands recently. anybody been since the change over

Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

I got locked in the lavatory there Exclamation A hint for you is if you use the disabled one downstairs, then you have to pull then twist to unlock the damn door Exclamation
And yes good food.........Maggie Larnaca

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Lynn

I know what you mean Maggie - I got locked in the loo the last time I was there.

Enjoyed the food once I got out though.

Cheers,
Lynn.
Chill Bar 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quote
paterson

Just been there for 1st time, now under new ownership, but thoroughly enjoyed good food and ambience, plenty of Cypriot paronage not only Ex-Pats.
Will be going again. Changes will be made when new owners have run a little to find the likes/Dislikes of clientelle.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:22 am Reply with quote
jon

Re-launch night saturday april 14th.
Freeeeeeeeee hot and cold buffet Very Happy Very Happy

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:49 pm Reply with quote
salopman
Pictures: 8

jon
shall certainly be peeved we JUST missed this freebie !! but as you know we shall be there in spirit and on a plane 24 hrs later lol

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:41 am Reply with quote
cyprus_gal

Good night was had by all! Arrived home 5am
Julie

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
tracyandterry

Is the Chill Bar still owned by SNK developers, or did they sell on? Confused

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:34 pm Reply with quote
jon

Sold on

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:34 pm Reply with quote
tracyandterry

Thanks Jon. Do you know who to?

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quote
cyprus_gal

A british guy called Colin and a cypriot partner called Kyriacos

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Sam Rider

Hi all, went in the Chill for sunday lunch, not bad. Hows everyone fining it theses days? Smile
pitta addiction ? 
Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote
Bevo

Hi glad you enjoyed your meal. At the moment i'm a little addicted i think the word is to there special sandwich but in a pitta Laughing , it is gorgeous, & complimented with wedges, am having to give up the wedges though cause its too much even with help from hubby. Lovely food there & seems to be very popular. I could smell the curry's being served on Tues eve mmmmmm. I know they not a curry house but smelt good to me. <aybe bimp into you there sometime. Also can't fault ever Green Door, but they on holiday at moment.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:34 am Reply with quote
jon

Shocked Shocked

Post: #17   PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:34 pm Reply with quote
jetset_life

Chill bar is run by my friend Tom, apparently its a lovely bar!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Bevo

You are lucky to have Tom as your friend, he is an excellent host. Have allways thought highly of Tom, hope they have a good summer. Tom was saying before that he may get Heineken (spelling ??) in, but unfortunatley cause of working haven't had chance to go & say hi, or have a beer or 3.

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quote
cypruslass2

Went to chill bar last night................total disaster, tom was on his own out front and really did an excellent job. However the food was awful, mozzarella sticks was just a cold lump of cheese that wasnt mozarella, stifado was dry and tough, tiger prawns UNDERCOOKED, the next tables fish n chips looked ok but overheard the mum saying they wouldnt eat there again. Dont know who was chefing but whoever it was can even burn oven chips.........................If the real chef had walked out they shoulda just closed the kitchen. would go back but only when cooking improves and staffing levels higher. Sad

Post: #20   PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quote
evo

Went the Firday before last at 5pm and it was closed.
went on Monday 10pm...closed again.
anyone know what is happening.
just when you fancy a beer.went round the corner instead on both occasions but would prefer to know if this is permanent.
Chill Bar Xylofagou 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area