Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » All Attractions » Panhandles in Northern Cyprus Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post: #21   PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:27 am Reply with quote
annier
Pictures: 0

How to you get to turtle beach?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:33 am Reply with quote
Bigade
Pictures: 4

Tangutica wrote:
Byker wrote:
Tangutica wrote:

Here's where I'm talking about - where's this little house in relation to this?

On the other side of the rock...The views are worth the effort of climbing to the top where the flag poles are.

Very Happy
Now ya tell me! I aint' going back just to climb over that rock. As I said, I didn't even get out of the car it was raining so hard at the time.

There is a large cave in the North face of the rock, and yes, the house is the other side of this.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail ICQ Number Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #23   PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:13 am Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

I don't 'do' caves! I sent my daughter down into the one at the back of the Church of the Holy Cave (supposed to be curative water running into it) off she went into the black hole with only her mobile for a torch. All she found were a few discarded tissues! She did however say she then needed a cure for her back after being bent double going in there!

I don't do pyramids either not since the great one where I hadn't realised you have to 'crawl' lol! Hurts my back now just thinking about it!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #24   PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:41 am Reply with quote
Ken of Kiti
Pictures: 6

Ahhh the flags... Mags n' me on our visit. We went in 2008, the road there wasn't too bad.

The very end of the Pan Handle, looking out towards the Klidhes Islands..

The little "house" or customs post. (Unoccupied when we went).

Weve been, weve seen,, we wouldn't go again.

Ken

Post: #25   PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:13 am Reply with quote
Tangutica

Thanks for the photo of it Ken. Will be the only time I ever see it lol! Like you - been, seen, done it - won't be doing it again! I see the sun was shining for your visit. As I've said it was TORRENTIAL rain when I did it - makes that road a different kettle of fish. Was a real job to get all that red clayish mud off the car - it was even in the engine compartment!
place to stay 
Post: #26   PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote
CannyScot

Can anybody recommend a place to stay in or near the area,(apart from the wooden huts) or in the Bogaz area. Looking for somewhere for a couple of nights so we can explore the area at leisure.
Cheers,
Bill
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #27   PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Shedman wrote:

Besides, the tiny little islands (just beyond) are great to see on a bright day.

Does anyone know if they have a name?

Collectively they're the Kidhes Islands - I don't know if they've got individual names.

Post: #28   PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Follow the road from Dikapaz down to coast where the "wooden huts" are. As you follow road to left there is a place run by Alpie(?) who also runs Kokaries (Same name I think at both places).He is so friendly and accomodating.Has own little beach grows own veg and cooks whatever you want in evening.Truly hospitable and a pleasure to stay there.Sorry no tel number
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #29   PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Larryand Sue

http://www.cyprusliving.org/phpbb/nfphpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49823

Post: #30   PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica

Stay in the Arched Houses! Not too far up the panhandle but easy to get to it all on both coasts from there.

Very peaceful and with good eateries (and not much else) almost adjacent. Couple of my pics but more info on their website here:
http://www.karpazarchhouses.com/

Post: #31   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:56 am Reply with quote
Byker
Membership Closed
Pictures: 4

Tangutica wrote:
Stay in the Arched Houses! Not too far up the panhandle but easy to get to it all on both coasts from there.

Very peaceful and with good eateries (and not much else) almost adjacent. Couple of my pics but more info on their website here:

Thanks Tang, Very Happy I have to take some people up there soon and wasn't exactly looking forward to a long day's driving or sleeping in the huts... Do you remember how much?

Post: #32   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:15 pm Reply with quote
CannyScot

Thanks all for your replies, most helpful.
Cheers,
Bill

Post: #33   PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:57 am Reply with quote
Tangutica

Byker wrote:
Tangutica wrote:

Thanks Tang, Very Happy I have to take some people up there soon and wasn't exactly looking forward to a long day's driving or sleeping in the huts... Do you remember how much?

Sorry no I don't. But they were spotlessly clean - sort of minimalist quaker style accom. Maybe the prices are on their website? We just booked in while there. This was about 3yrs ago. There is a nice old Taverna right by them - friendly proprietor - he could see my GC plates and kept referring to his stuff in Greek for us lol! Even asked if we wanted a 'Cyprus Coffee! He gave us so many 'on the house' side dishes to start with that we could hardly eat any of our main meal we'd ordered.

All quite derelict outside of the actual Arched Houses site. Ramshackle places with chickens living in old scrap cars and the occasional goat or cow tied to a tree. Very peaceful there though.

Will try to dig out some photos.

Post: #34   PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:31 am Reply with quote
scottie

Must say I am surprised that you are giving so much info on the north of the island Tang. Not your ususual response Smile
Panhandles in Northern Cyprus 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » All Attractions