Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Cypriot Recipes & Music » My Cypriot Kitchen - Tonia Buxton
My Cypriot Kitchen - Tonia Buxton 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Elaine
Pictures: 0

I emailed Tonia Buxton's website to enquire when the book to accompany the series was being released.

They informed me it will be mid September, 2012 for anyone that is interested.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:16 am Reply with quote
AskCy
Pictures: 18

thanks for that...

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote
val gillett

Oh good news been Waiting for her book to come out
Thanks for the info
Val
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:56 am Reply with quote
pambles

Great....that's one for the Christmas list!

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:58 pm Reply with quote
marion
Pictures: 4

Her website also mentions a "Gastronomy booklet I am writing for the Cypriot Tourist Office. It really is going to be the most beautiful and informative booklet with lots of easy recipes to make..."

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
AskCy
Pictures: 18

Marion I believe shes just been over taking photos for the booklet and possibly the book...

Steve

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Elaine

Just to let you know that her boook is now available from her website, Amazon, Waterstones, etc.

Price varies but roughly 17.99.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Unfortunately the book recently published is "My Greek Kitchen".

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:59 pm Reply with quote
geof j
Pictures: 2

why people buy a cookery book is beyond me, the internet is a huge library of recipes

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:30 am Reply with quote
Byker
Membership Closed
Pictures: 4

geof j wrote:
why people buy a cookery book is beyond me, the internet is a huge library of recipes

No idea, I read off the net and get stuck in with a post-it stuck on the microwave door...The wife turns the table into an altar with a cookery book propped up in the middle of it Exclamation Question
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quote
geof j
Pictures: 2

actually Byker, when i find a recipe to use, i stick my lap top on the table, keys get a tad messy when i have to scroll down after mixing with the fingers Laughing

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Elaine

I agree that there are many good recipes you can find on the internet.

I think that many people enjoyed the series 'My Cypriot Kitchen' and it was a shame that this book didn't have that name as most of the recipes are from the Cyprus series, I think. For those that aren't fortunate enough to live in Cyprus but visit the island, the recipes along with the photos bring Cyprus into your home.

I was disappointed with the book in that it was a bit pricey (17.99) and thought there could have been more recipes and a tad less family photographs in it.

It does give details of places that she visited during the series and we intend to go to some of them on our next trip.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote
pumpkin

I also have the book, and same as you enjoy it more as a reminder of Cyprus.
Like you, it gave me some ideas of places to visit, and a few years ago we spent a lovely day in Kalavassos, near Limassol which is where the early Cypriot programmes were filmed. There is an abandoned train at the entrance to the village, which is interesting in itself, and it was lovely wandering through the streets and seeing familiar sights. We also stumbled across the villa she used to rent, the gate was open and we were able to see the courtyard and plunge pool that we saw so often on the tv. I must say that Kalavassos is best visited in high season, as we have twice been back, out of season, and it was way less enjoyable.
Nowadays she seems to spend more time at her parents house on the coast at Larnaca, and we have also explored that location and found a lovely restaurant...... I realise I am sounding a tad stalkerish, I can assure you I am not, it's just that we love exploring Cyprus, and it kind of gives you some ideas, as she obviously carefully chooses the best places to show on TV.
Carolyn

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:27 pm Reply with quote
barrettdg

We are trying to collect the full set of DVDs of the series (the ones given away with Cyprus Weekly). We have probably about half of them. We have done the rounds of the car boot sales and spent ages sifting through stacks of the 'giveaway' dvds but still missing several.

Does anyone have any of these which they are dying to part with please?

Many thanks
Doug & Helen
My Cypriot Kitchen - Tonia Buxton 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Cypriot Recipes & Music