Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Elysian Fields Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post: #221   PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Coolesville
Pictures: 0

Ok so I'm still out here and I'm wondering just what we are paying an outrageous annual sum to Moonshadow Holdings for - maintenance?

In the pool there are the following: tissues and hairballs floating and lying on the bottom,as well as bread and sand lying on the bottom. I found the bolt from the broken step of the pool ladder and the washer to go with it on the bottom and someone's false nail (finger must be elsewhere).

The corridor to my apartment has not been swept or mopped since Sunday last at least.

The courtesy lights along the paths are physically broken and lying in pieces in the lampstands.

The perimeter lights in our (B1) corner stay on for a half hour - until the explosion at Zygi - from 8-8.30.

It seems there is very little "maintenance" being carried out.

I thought from the outset this was a forum where we could speak openly and honestly. So far apart from introducing ourselves - all 10 of us out of approx 110 owners - no-one has said very much at all.

Does anyone else agree with my findings - have they noticed the things that are not being done? Or am I a voice in the wilderness?

I have posted this on the groups page to see if there is any reaction there.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #222   PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Coolesville

Hooray - at least the corridor was swept today but the pool is getting worse - the are now little amphibians pottering around at a depth of about a foot
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #223   PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:37 am Reply with quote
mcarrigan

I totally agree with you Coolsville.Why pay for maintenance fees when the work is not carried out.I will be over there on 21st August to see whats happening for myself.I think its time for the residents to gather together
and discuss the many problems they are having.

Post: #224   PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:34 pm Reply with quote
bartlams

When we were there in June things were ok, but I had a horrible feeling that it could quickly decline - garden lamps were broken and the pool steps were falling apart at that time.

Who have we complained to so far - has anyone been in touch with Paschali? I will broach with Andy and Jo from Cyprus Home and Living, but obviously it is not really their fight - although they do have a high vested interest in Elysian!

I believe we will have an issue with not everyone paying their maintenance fees and have no idea how to manage this going forward with all the individual purchasers.

So happy to join in any forum to take this forward and to help push things along.

Not due out there myself until late September so please keep us posted on how things look over the summer.

Jacqui
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #225   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Coolesville

As no doubt you are aware Jacqui, I was there late June and first half of July. I know Susy Partridge mentioned the pool steps amongst other things to Ntina, and when I saw Ntina on Jul 15, I again mentioned the path lighting and the pool ladder. I even found the missing bolt and washer from the ladder step lying on the floor of the pool and retrieved them. She did say it would be attended to but gave no hint of time scale.

I saw a few of Paschali's men around but it seemed to me and to others that they were engaged on enlarging certain apartments - knocking 2 into 1 in a number of locations. I'm sure you, Jacqui, will have found it a nuisance to have to navigate your way around the skips as you are in the block next to ours. Perhaps that is their reason for not keeping the maintenance up but I feel it's no excuse.

I also think that non-payment of maintenance fees by some owners is not our problem - Moonshadow Holdings contract is with each of us individually, not jointly, thus non-payment is not our problem. Paschali should pursue the debt themselves, whilst continuing to maintain the service.

There is that forum set up on Facebook by Amanda C Clifford to which you have already posted, but that seems to be a dead duck at the moment. It was meant, I believe, to provide a place where we could discuss various matters confidentially, but so far there are only 10 subscribers.

It would be great if all those who contributed in the past were to return and let us have an idea as to how they are thinking on the subject of the development.

I know I have said it before, but we have until Moonshadow Holdings' AGM in December this year to decide whether or not to continue availing of their services, because unless notice is given at the AGM this year, their contract will be renewed for another term.

Reinier

Last edited by Coolesville on Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post: #226   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Coolesville

Extract from ACC's post #210 of 2/10/10

The link to the face book group page is
Elysian Fields Residents Committee. (Cyprus) posted into the search part of faceb
ook

Post: #227   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote
mcarrigan

I think it is high time a residents committee is set up to discuss all the issues
involving any complaints about Elysian Fields.I think that if many voices are
heard it would make a difference as it is in every residents interest to voice
their opinion. Smile Smile

Post: #228   PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Nicola1

Hi All

We are in Block B5 but have not been over to Cyprus for a while - a visit is long overdue by the sounds of things. I think getting the committee active is a great idea and would like to join - I have tried to search on Facebook for the existing one but have had no joy. Could someone please point me in the right direction. I am in contact with owners of Victoria Apartments which are across the road and they have had similar problems with moonshawdow, dirty pools and no maintainance taking place. They have a strong commitee going and I think they have or are in the process of taking over the maintanence themselves. The head of the commitee would like to contact the person who has set up our commitee as we both have the same developer - could someone please let me know who this is. Unfortunately I can not email anyone direct yet as I have not posted 5 times but I am happy to converse with anyone! Thanks Nicola

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #229   PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:54 am Reply with quote
sue jones

Hi

Not sure if anyone will read this post as no posts for a long time. We thought we would let you know whats going on at elysian as we have just moved over indefinately.

We have been here over a week. Since our last visit in sept 2012 the gardens have been cut back and new planting has replaced dead or tired looking plants and is looking good. The perimeter areas are being tidied of weeds and litter and the sun umbrellas were being repaired yesterday.

Paschalli are in the process of restaining all wooden railings and pergollas in the blocks.

We have seen the pools being cleaned frequently.

Let us know if you want any info and we will do our best to keep you updated.

Craig and sue

Post: #230   PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Coolesville

Don't know where everyone else has gone, but it is nice to see someone still thinks it's worth posting here. I have been watching and was beginning to feel sorry for Nicola1 going for that length of time without a reply.

Good to know The Paschalis are cleaning the place up a bit. I know they got a number of complaints last summer about the state of the place and the building work being carried out.

I hope to go out mid April and see what's happening.
Elysian Fields Residents Committee URGENT 
Post: #231   PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:11 am Reply with quote
sue jones

Dear Elysian Owners

We are owners and now permanent residence of Elysian Fields and want to set up a committee, if one hasnt already been set up. Please e-mail us or reply, we need around 5 committee members, we are happy to be 2 of them. We can then have sight of Moonshadows accounts and see if we can reduce our maintenance fees.

We look forward to hearing from everyone.

Many thanks

Craig and Sue Jones
Elysian Fields 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments