Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Panoram Village Damp issues
Panoram Village Damp issues 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:24 pm Reply with quote
mark&ama
Pictures: 1

Hi All,

Is anybody experiencing damp arouund their windows? We have serious damp issues not the type caused by condensation. This I think is caused by a building defect which is allowing water through the brick work or it could be a leak from a pipe. I understnad Cyprus this year has experience unusual rainfall. Sad Sad Sad
Is anybody having this and how did you sort it out?

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:51 pm Reply with quote
nikster
Pictures: 0

Hi Mark&Ama

We are experiencing exactly the same. Each time it turns up Oikos try and patch it up but never manage to sort out the problem. We assumed it was coming in from the window but perhaps its not then.

We had friends out a couple of weeks ago and apparently Oikos have not done a very good job and the paint is flaking off already! We are out in a couple of weeks so we will try to get to the bottom of it.

Nikki
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Mal-de-mer

Hi Mark, Ama & Nikki

We had a problem with a leak through the ceiling in our lounge that transpired on New Year's Eve which Oikos repaired okay, but we are on the top floor and although we've not experienced anything on the walls in our apartment, we have noticed there seems to be a problem with damp striking up all the walls/pillars on our (E) Block in Village and others in Village and Gardens despite a repaint being done fairly recently. We're flying out again on Saturday so will give you an update next week.

Regards

Malcolm & Maree
Re: Panoram Village Damp issues 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote
2diffs

mark&ama wrote:
Hi All,

Is anybody experiencing damp arouund their windows? We have serious damp issues not the type caused by condensation. This I think is caused by a building defect which is allowing water through the brick work or it could be a leak from a pipe. I understnad Cyprus this year has experience unusual rainfall. Sad Sad Sad
Is anybody having this and how did you sort it out?

It looks like you have PVC window frames, this may mean that the drainage holes in the frame are not cut properly allowing water to escape outwards. This rain accumulates in the channels and flows into the window frame hollow section and then inwards and down your plaster. If your frames are ally, drainage channels are still necessary.

Take a hose to the window top, and sprinkle it as if it is heavy rain. Penetrating water will appear quickly if the drains are defective.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Mal-de-mer

Had a look round the various blocks and can only see a problem externally on the upper floor of D Block north east corner where there looks to be a damp problem at the bottom of a window.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:59 am Reply with quote
nikster

Sounds like my apartment Rolling Eyes
Damp problems 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Mal-de-mer

Hi Nikster, the outside mark are still evident on the wall under your window, although we did see some evidence of Oikos looking at your apartment last year, did you get the problem resolved?

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:38 pm Reply with quote
nikster

Mal-de-mer - We have been informed by our cleaner that the damp is back under the window in the bedroom, so the problem is still there. Oikos only seem to patch up the damp wall but don't deal with the source of the problem. How recently did you see the mark?

We are out next month but I would like to get Oikos out before if possible.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Nikki

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:16 am Reply with quote
bill
Pictures: 3
Location: nice n sunny cold at night oroklini on the mossie breeding grounds

had exactly the same problem under one window in my flat in larnaca .
tried everything to get rid of the problem without sucess until I put shutters up at that window and after the original damp patch dried out I'm pleased to say it's remained dry and trouble free .

Bill

Last edited by bill on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
Mal-de-mer

I'm looking at it now Nikki, but wouldn't like to say if it's continuing damp or a residual mark on the outside wall.

Regards

Malcolm
Panoram Village Damp issues 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments