Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Weddings In Cyprus » Wedding
Wedding 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Carole ann haddon
Pictures: 0

My neice is looking to getting married in Cyprus and is looking for the venue.
Any personal reccomendations for hotels that carry out the ceremony would be most welcome It has to be a 5* hotel .
She has details for Aphrodite Hills and Elysium but any other suggestions would be most welcome.

thanks
carole
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

They are both at the other end of the Island, The Aphrodite Hills is a long way from Paphos itself and is more of a Golf Resort, another Hotel in Paphos much nearer to Paphos itself is the Amathus Beach Paphos and another nearer the Harbour is the Annabelle.
If its this end of the Island you have the Grecian Park near Protaras or the Aneas in a nice part of Ayia Napa.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Bigade
Pictures: 4

A lot depends on your idea of 5 star. In the international sense of it, there isn't really any such thing here in Cyprus. But, if you have visited such as those mentioned and consider them to be that which you seek, then there are others you might like to look at too.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail ICQ Number Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
wedding 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote
jeff60

hi our son and d in law got married at adams beach hotel in ayia napa and it was fantastic day also has lovely small white church in grounds for ceremony much nearer to you and can go look any time !
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:31 pm Reply with quote
tilly mint

Look at the "Wedding in Cyprus" section on this forum.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Wedding 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed

Carole ann haddon wrote:
Any personal reccomendations for hotels that carry out the ceremony would be most welcome It has to be a 5* hotel .
She has details for Aphrodite Hills and Elysium but any other suggestions would be most welcome.

thanks
carole
We have attended a wedding at the Elysium and stayed the weekend and it is worthy of a 5star hotel in every way
Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:38 pm Reply with quote
mouse

spurs wrote:
Carole ann haddon wrote:

thanks
carole
We have attended a wedding at the Elysium and stayed the weekend and it is worthy of a 5star hotel in every way

I agree with spurs on this.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:48 pm Reply with quote
LynSab

This is a five star, beautiful location albeit remote, they do weddings and you get the odd superstar staying there ( rumoured to be Paul McCartney not so long ago) It's near Latchi not to far from Paphos but IMO one of the beautiful hotels because of its location on the island.

I would class the others mentioned as good four stars compared to this one. But the prices are jaw droppingly expensive, looks fabulous though, and if money was no object a dream wedding destination. But it's away from tourist areas, you would need a car, but then again sod the car just stay in the hotel and soak up the atmosphere.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:55 pm Reply with quote
sj

I also agree with Spurs. Me and my husband spent 4 glorious days at the Elysium, it definitely was a worthy 5 star. Food and service were faultless, we were well and truly spoilt .... Would highly recommend.
Wedding 
Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:21 am Reply with quote
Carole ann haddon

Thanks for all your recommendations, i have passed all the details on to my niece. Elysium certainly looks promising but will do some research on others Will also introduce her to this forum so she can read all the advice in the weddding section as stated.

Thanks again folks Very Happy

Carole
Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:28 am Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed

Carole ann haddon wrote:
Thanks for all your recommendations, i have passed all the details on to my niece. Elysium certainly looks promising but will do some research on others Will also introduce her to this forum so she can read all the advice in the weddding section as stated.

Thanks again folks Very Happy

Carole
just to add we have also been to a wedding at the Anassa and stayed there and that too was 5star quality comparable to any other country

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:32 am Reply with quote
Carole ann haddon

Thanks spurs will check that one out too.

Carole

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:13 pm Reply with quote
journo
Pictures: 17

Also take a look at Four Seasons Lemesos.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:51 am Reply with quote
cyprussmoothie

Our daughter is getting married at the Aphrodites Hills Golf Resort and having been there 2 days as a tester cannot wait until the big day in October. We found it to be more like 6 stars than 5............

Fab location, wedding photos will be done on Aphrodites Rock plus truly stunning photos of the sunset in the background, and the wedding planner is a wonderful lady.

Good luck and have a grand day wherever their choice is.

Vee [its me]

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:11 pm Reply with quote
North East Lass

Hi, I worked as a Wedding Coordinator last year assisting with weddings taking place in Ayia Napa, Protaras and Pernera.
I could recommend a couple which although are not 5* certainly provide a 5* service e.g. Nissi Beach in Ayia Napa, Sunrise Beach in Protaras however my personal favourite is Grecian Park which has a stunning ceremony area. They usually hold 2 weddings per day with 2 different reception venues again my preference would be for the later rather than earlier time as it provides the best reception venue.
Check it out and hope your neice has a wonderful day.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Lyndi

North East Lass wrote:
Hi, I worked as a Wedding Coordinator last year assisting with weddings taking place in Ayia Napa, Protaras and Pernera.
I could recommend a couple which although are not 5* certainly provide a 5* service e.g. Nissi Beach in Ayia Napa, Sunrise Beach in Protaras however my personal favourite is Grecian Park which has a stunning ceremony area. They usually hold 2 weddings per day with 2 different reception venues again my preference would be for the later rather than earlier time as it provides the best reception venue.
Check it out and hope your neice has a wonderful day.

Hi North East Lass,

I too am from the North East and agree with your post.

I have attended a fair few weddings myself at the "Grecian Park Hotel" and before buying a property over here stayed there 3/4 times a year, so have seen a fair amount of weddings taking place - "Great hotel, fab staff, incredible customer service and attention to detail, beautiful location -would definitely recommend.

Wherever you choose though, hope you have a fantastic day.

Cheers,

Lyndi.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:14 am Reply with quote
Carole ann haddon

Thanks for all your comments--Grecian Park is one of the hotels my niece is coming over to check out.

Carole
Wedding 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Weddings In Cyprus