Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » In Our Thoughts » Jacintha Saldanha
Jacintha Saldanha 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Someone I've never heard of, and probably would never hear of in the future, died needlessly today leaving behind a husband and two children.

She came to our attention because she was a nurse who answered a telephone call at 5.30 am and was the victim of a hoax caller who asked about the condition of one of the patients in her care.

It appears that she could not accept the global embarrrassment this 'prank' caused.

My thoughts are of sorrow of her death and anger at waste of her life

RIP, Nurse.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Jacintha Saldanha 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Milschoice04
Pictures: 0

Kwacka wrote:
Someone I've never heard of, and probably would never hear of in the future, died needlessly today leaving behind a husband and two children.

She came to our attention because she was a nurse who answered a telephone call at 5.30 am and was the victim of a hoax caller who asked about the condition of one of the patients in her care.

It appears that she could not accept the global embarrrassment this 'prank' caused.

RIP, Nurse.

Yes, that is my sentiments too...
May she rest in peace....

Mils
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Larryand Sue

I just feel so sorry for this lady and her family. The people responsible should hang their heads in shame............ They won't of course!

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
pumpkin

Just heard about this, it is dreadful news
R.I.P
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Shedman

Tragic news.

Kwacka sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Recently married, wife knows it all...

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
geof j
Pictures: 2

those responsible should never be allowed to work in the media again!

RIP Jacintha.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote
alexincyprus

A terrible thing for her family to go through and how bad must it have been for the lady herself if she could not see beyond the extreme pressure and media scrutiny she found herself under at that moment and all because of the puerile actions of 2 lowlife "dj's" and their production/management team in a bid to win ratings no doubt!

RIP

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:45 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Dreadful dreadful story most upsetting. Makes one so angry that people do not think of the consequences when acting in such an irresponsible manner. This poor woman and her family have paid a high price indeed for " a bit of a laugh" . Rest in peace Jacintha and condolences to her family. Really awful Crying or Very sad
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Jacintha Saldanha 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:49 am Reply with quote
shuggybear

Kwacka wrote:

RIP, Nurse.

very sad but :
how did they get that far where was the security we all pay for for our royal family ? why was a nurse on reception? sorry but too many ???? still to be answered before this story is finished

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:31 am Reply with quote
LynSab
Pictures: 1

This is dreadful news, my sincere sympathies go out to her loved ones. The shock must be unbearable.....

But I'm not entirely sure this tragic lady of 47 took her own life just because she was duped by a hoax call. There is more to this I believe.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:29 am Reply with quote
scottie

LynSab wrote:
This is dreadful news, my sincere sympathies go out to her loved ones. The shock must be unbearable.....

But I'm not entirely sure this tragic lady of 47 took her own life just because she was duped by a hoax call. There is more to this I believe.

I think it goes without saying that there is more to this than we know. Nevertheless the quote " the straw that broke the camels back" springs to mind . Sad

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:12 am Reply with quote
geoffreys
Membership Closed
Pictures: 1

scottie wrote:
LynSab wrote:

I think it goes without saying that there is more to this than we know. Nevertheless the quote " the straw that broke the camels back" springs to mind . Sad

Well according to the BBC the 2 DJs have been suspended, but not yet sacked. The Radio Station in Sydney concerned (2day FM) is losing most of its advertisers who don't want to be associated with the "prank". Most people in Oz want the DJs fired.
Others down there describe it as manslaughter - anything but a prank!
So sad for the Nurses' family in Bristol (hubby and 2 teenage daughters).
Geoff

Last edited by geoffreys on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Every action has a reaction, but I don't think it was conceivably possible that anybody could foresee that this 'joke' would have such tragic consequences!

Very, very sad! Crying or Very sad

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote
michael. w.

If it was meant as a joke, then it is a VERY SICK JOKE,,!!!
Very very sad

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Jacs
Pictures: 6

Very sad and tragic for her family, especially at this time of year.
But, I also feel there is more to this than has already come out.
For someone to take their own life, their mind must be in such turmoil that they can only see one way out.
May she rest in peace now.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Jacintha Saldanha 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » In Our Thoughts