Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Property Action / Support Groups » SNK Developments
SNK Developments 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:26 am Reply with quote
baileyboy
Pictures: 0

Tomorrow at the PICAS meeting, we will reveal some shocking facts about a case similar in a way to the SNK case.
Looking through the last 3 years posts on the forum about the SNK cases there appears to be a common complaint that the owners are not being kept informed about what is going on. This is something that has to be addressed as does the various splinter groups getting together and working as one group. Strength in numbers
The above notice has been posted for information and is not intended as the start of another debate on the SNK Developments. No further postings will be made by PICAS.
We hope that as many owners as possible will come along to the PICAS meeting tomorrow so that the topic can be discussed openly.
For details visit our web site
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: SNK Developments 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:44 am Reply with quote
crissbroon

baileyboy wrote:
Tomorrow at the PICAS meeting, we will reveal some shocking facts about a case similar in a way to the SNK case.
Looking through the last 3 years posts on the forum about the SNK cases there appears to be a common complaint that the owners are not being kept informed about what is going on. This is something that has to be addressed as does the various splinter groups getting together and working as one group. Strength in numbers
The above notice has been posted for information and is not intended as the start of another debate on the SNK Developments. No further postings will be made by PICAS.
We hope that as many owners as possible will come along to the PICAS meeting tomorrow so that the topic can be discussed openly.
For details visit our web site
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

This sounds like scare tactics. Disgraceful. I take it this "shocking information" has appeared overnight as you have`nt mentioned it before. I can tell you that that there will be SNK clients tomorrow but they were hoping to discuss SNK. Not some "similar in some way " case.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:12 am Reply with quote
cyprus_gal

Trying to link details of another case to the SNK situation is nothing more than conjecture, and in my view, does nothing whatsoever to alleviate the concerns of SNK clients.
Fact is what is needed and to date, nothing has been forthcoming from the developer, the banks, the lawyers, nor indeed the liquidator.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
cyprussmoothie

At PICAS we have been working tirelessly to try to find information for you all. We do not leave the meetings and forget about you until the next one. We work non stop behind the scenes and know this is appreciated by the many who do indeed write to us privately and receive answers from us.

We cannot always answer individual questions but please trust me when i say we do our very best at all times. Indeed emails have been flying between us and lawyers trying to find any information at all that we can pass on to you but our hands are also tied if this information is not forthcoming and i am sure you will all understand this.

We do not paas on conjcture, guesswork nor anything at all that is not fact as relayed to us we do not use scare tactics goodness there is enough for us all to be frightened of without us resorting to that type of low behaviour.

Look forward to seeing you there

Vee [its me]

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote
baileyboy

Please note that our eminent lawyer Stelios will be attending tomorrow's meeting.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
cyprussmoothie

Wonderful news from Stelios eh? If any other lawyer involved with this saga wishes to attend they would be made most welcome to answer questions posed.

As said in my previous posting we work hard behind the scenes and even though the great man has just returned from workiing abroad he is willing to give up his very precious time to come along and speak to us all.

Again as said we look forward to seeing you all there.

Vee [its me]
Re: SNK Developments 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
cyprus_gal

baileyboy wrote:

I was at the meeting this afternoon and, although very informative, I realised that I must have missed the 'shocking facts' about the similar case to SNK, or was it deleted from the agenda?

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
baileyboy

We have become quite good at running meetings (although we are still learning) We do our best to allocate the allotted time to the most important issues and that is why, as we had lawyer Stelios Stylianou present, we allowed the SNK owners present to ask his advice and his guidance prior to Fridays meeting with the liquidators. I am sure these owners found Stelios"s advice informative and brought some comfort to them.
My post at the beginning of this thread was not a case of scaremongering, disgraceful, conjecture or kept under our hats. I received an email on the 22nd Sep which I read on the 23rd Sep. I replied asking for more info. and permission to use the info. at our meeting. I received a reply back with the info. and permission to use the info. at our meeting. I posted on the forum on the 24th Sep. Hardly keeping it up my sleeve!!
The similarity between this case and SNK is that in both cases the developer is bankrupt and are getting no information from the liquidator. A lawyer had offered to take the case right through to getting their title deeds free of charge as it was claimed she had backers in the UK prepared to finance the case. When this was not forthcoming this lawyer offered the owners a contract to take the case through to obtaining title deeds all for a fee of 5,000 Euros. Something like 200 properties are involved in this case. The owners heard nothing until their lawyer asked for another 10.000 Euros!! This figure X 200 amounts to a staggering 2 million Euros!!! After pressure from the owners she reduced her fee to 5,000 Euros. I am not suggesting that this may happen in the SNK case
There is much more to this case but the above is a broad outline of their case.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

SNK 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:04 pm Reply with quote
crissbroon

baileyboy wrote:
We have become quite good at running meetings (although we are still learning) We do our best to allocate the allotted time to the most important issues and that is why, as we had lawyer Stelios Stylianou present, we allowed the SNK owners present to ask his advice and his guidance prior to Fridays meeting with the liquidators. I am sure these owners found Stelios"s advice informative and brought some comfort to them.
My post at the beginning of this thread was not a case of scaremongering, disgraceful, conjecture or kept under our hats. I received an email on the 22nd Sep which I read on the 23rd Sep. I replied asking for more info. and permission to use the info. at our meeting. I received a reply back with the info. and permission to use the info. at our meeting. I posted on the forum on the 24th Sep. Hardly keeping it up my sleeve!!
The similarity between this case and SNK is that in both cases the developer is bankrupt and are getting no information from the liquidator. A lawyer had offered to take the case right through to getting their title deeds free of charge as it was claimed she had backers in the UK prepared to finance the case. When this was not forthcoming this lawyer offered the owners a contract to take the case through to obtaining title deeds all for a fee of 5,000 Euros. Something like 200 properties are involved in this case. The owners heard nothing until their lawyer asked for another 10.000 Euros!! This figure X 200 amounts to a staggering 2 million Euros!!! After pressure from the owners she reduced her fee to 5,000 Euros. I am not suggesting that this may happen in the SNK case
There is much more to this case but the above is a broad outline of their case.

Mmmmm. Sounds very familiar this story considering you have just received this info. There was a couple present at a PICAS meeting many months ago who were involved in the Alpha Bank scenario and related a very similar story to this one, right down to exactly the same figures.
Still, thank God that your guest lawyer was able to attend yesterday's PICAS meeting and provide SNK buyers with somewhat more comfort than that little ditty.
No-one should under estimate the intelligence of SNK buyers. I personally do not know of any who would fall for such a blatant scam.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:56 am Reply with quote
baileyboy

I strongly resent the insinuation that I or anyone else at PICAS under estimates the intelligence of SNK owners. I have the greatest respect for them and have never at any point shown that either privately or at meetings. We have always at PICAS tried our best to help SNK owners.
I have stated on many occasions that people who have retired over here are not idiots but have worked very hard during their working life to be able to afford to purchase here.
The thing that puzzles me is why you hide behind somebody else's coat and don't come to PICAS meetings yourself to make your accusations.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
shuggybear

baileyboy wrote:
I strongly resent the insinuation that I or anyone else at PICAS under estimates the intelligence of SNK owners. I have the greatest respect for them and have never at any point shown that either privately or at meetings. We have always at PICAS tried our best to help SNK owners.
I have stated on many occasions that people who have retired over here are not idiots but have worked very hard during their working life to be able to afford to purchase here.
The thing that puzzles me is why you hide behind somebody else's coat and don't come to PICAS meetings yourself to make your accusations.

well said we all know how deeply you feel about alot of property problems and snk is at the forefront at the moment good luck to everyone involved and once again thanks to picas
SNK 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote
crissbroon

baileyboy wrote:

The reason that I, and many others I might add, do'nt attend your meetings has been well documented by myself. If you fail to see how adding other people's horror stories to your agenda can only be detrimental to the well being of SNK clients, then there is little can be done to solve your puzzle.
I have said this before that, apart from appearing to be the promotional dept of a certain lawyer, as a group wishing to help SNK clients, you have been more inclined to be more helpful when you offer sympathy rather than cold hard facts.
I personally do not want or need sympathy so therefore see no point in attending.
I have also stated on many occasions that PICAS meetings are a great source of information when they bring in expert speakers who give their advice freely on many and varied subjects and is also good for those who genuinely want a shoulder to cry on.
In comparison, can I point out that todays meeting with the SNK liquidator was all FACT. Some good some bad but nevertheless facts. SNK clients were able to view their opinions and ask questions specifically relevant to their situation. The liquidator also promised to answer any future queries from clients where he could.
I also managed to have a word with my lawyer who was present,I think the only one there I may add, the SNK architect and a land registry employee that was on the panel who explained that he will find out more regarding specific figures and pass them on to SNK clients ASAP.
To summarise, there is no puzzle. I only go where I can find the facts as they pertain to the clients of SNK.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:24 pm Reply with quote
cyprussmoothie

Thanks Baileyboy for all that, my thoughts exactly but you all know that anyway.

Chris may i point out that a lawyer will only attend if appointed to do so. Obviously your lawyer was so appointed by yourself and perhaps others. Others on developments obviously did not so appoint their respective lawyers on this and this is the reason for their non attendance.

At the PICAS meeting the lawyer in attendance namely Stelios, did indeed stress the questions people must ask of the liquidator and he also advised the importance of the said questions. Many of those so advised do not have Stelios as their lawyer but this does not in any way prevent them receiving this free advice. Hopefully they chose to take his advice and indeed pose the questions as advised.

Please leave PICAS alone as we are only there as a support machine and willing at all times to point people in the right direction. If SNK owners choose to come along and avail themselves of information fed then that is their choice, you make yours, they make theirs. To continually decry us and what we try to do does nothing for your cause at all.

Vee [its me]
SNK 
Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quote
crissbroon

cyprussmoothie wrote:
Thanks Baileyboy for all that, my thoughts exactly but you all know that anyway.

Chris may i point out that a lawyer will only attend if appointed to do so. Obviously your lawyer was so appointed by yourself and perhaps others. Others on developments obviously did not so appoint their respective lawyers on this and this is the reason for their non attendance.

At the PICAS meeting the lawyer in attendance namely Stelios, did indeed stress the questions people must ask of the liquidator and he also advised the importance of the said questions. Many of those so advised do not have Stelios as their lawyer but this does not in any way prevent them receiving this free advice. Hopefully they chose to take his advice and indeed pose the questions as advised.

Please leave PICAS alone as we are only there as a support machine and willing at all times to point people in the right direction. If SNK owners choose to come along and avail themselves of information fed then that is their choice, you make yours, they make theirs. To continually decry us and what we try to do does nothing for your cause at all.

Vee [its me]

OK, I will not allow you to annoy me further.
SNK Developments 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Property Action / Support Groups