Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Schools » Pre-Primary School - lots of questions!
Pre-Primary School - lots of questions! 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:51 am Reply with quote
emsyjo
Pictures: 14

I wonder if anyone can help me with info on pre-primary school - particulary the one I'm going to send my son too but any info is good!

Has anyone sent their child or is about to send their child to the pre-primary school in Derynia which is just up from the viewpoint (Occupied Centre of Ammochostas) / the one up the road on the left after the two petrol stations.

I'm not actually sure what the school is called although my son is due to start there in September Embarassed

I'm just trying to find out some more information about it really... I suppose the name of it would be a good start, but also times, what the classes are like (how many classes, how big?) and what kind of stuff they do during the day?

My son is 3yrs 4 months so I guess he will be one of the youngest, can anyone tell me how long he will be in this school before moving?

I think when I enrolled him they said it would be about 70 a month - is that because of his young age or because it's not a state school, I think someone said this price will drop next year but I'm not sure!

Sorry for all the questions! I've searched and searched online and cannot find any answers!

I'm a bit nervous about sending him (as you may have gathered!) so ANY info would be very gratefully received!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quote
steph
Pictures: 0

My niece goes to that school her mum says it's brilliant, it looks lovely. I'm sure Leo will love it. Price will be cheaper from the start of school yr when he is 4 about 40 I think and there after will be free if it is the same as Paralimni.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:00 am Reply with quote
sj
Pictures: 0

I don't know anything about this particular school but would assume that it is the same as the school that two of my daughters go to (with regard to charges at least).

They both attend the nursery/pre-school in our village, which sits on the same premises as the primary school. Both the nursery and pre-school (prodimotiki) classes sit in the same classroom (although I know that some schools with more children separate these classes).

We have to pay approx 68 eu per month for each child until they move to prodimotiki (then it is free). My eldest spent 2 years there, one in nursery class where we paid and one year in prodimotiki where we did not have to pay. My middle daughter is moving into her second year of nursery in September and will spend another year in prodimotiki after that.

I know how daunting it is sending your child to school, especially in another country (sorry I am making the assumption that you are not Cypriot) but is incredible how quickly they adapt Very Happy

My eldest moves to the first grade of primary school in a week and a half so am going through the first day of school nerves all over again. Laughing
Pre-Primary School - lots of questions! 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Schools