Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Urgent help with a doctor please
Urgent help with a doctor please 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:31 am Reply with quote
Kat
Pictures: 0

If anyone can help, I will be most grateful. I need to see a doctor urgently tomorrow. Not urgent enough for A&E, but cannot be put off. As I have never had to use a private clinic before, I don't know who to turn to. A good GP will do, with the facilities to run basic blood tests and maybe x-ray without delay.

I am really desperate for help.
Thank you
Kat
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quote
Balconia

Kat
Whereabouts are you in Cyprus?

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quote
Kat

Sorry, didn't think of that, as not feeling very good. Anywhere in or around Paralimni would be ideal.
Kat
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:44 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Kat,

You could try the Lito Clinic or the hospital next door.

If you go along 1st April street with Kokinnos on your left hand side -
get to the traffic lights with all the banks on the corner. Turn right as
if you are going to Sotira and look to your left just after you
have come round the corner and you will see the Hospital with the
Lito clinic next to it. You don't need an appointment at the Lito and it is
Private or you could try the hospital next door.

HTH

Cheers

Steve

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quote
Sarah

Kat

If you go to the Lito clinic you can get an x-ray done straight away 25.00 i think and you get the x-rays to keep straight away also,there is also a lab next to it who will do a blood test and give you the result within an hour or so 12.00 last time we went,again the Lito should put in touch with a doctor most of whom i might add are specilalists in one field or another.

Good luck

Sarah
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quote
JimPernera
Pictures: 8

Hi Kat, we use Dr Zouvanis at Lito. I think it was 25 for first visit then 15 after. Sometimes no cost! Spec Diabetes. We find him very good. Secy Phone 2381 1113. Call after 10am as he will be on rounds. If he cannot help he will know someone who can. His wife is the radiologist at Lito.

Last edited by JimPernera on Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Balconia

Hi Kat
I was going to suggest the Lito clinic but didn't know exactly where you were so didn't know if this would be of any use.
Good luck and hope everything is ok.

A great big thank you!! 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Kat

Thank you so much everyone for your help. Just proves once again what wonderful caring people the members of this board are. Thank you.

Kat

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:10 pm Reply with quote
cyprus2sum

Yes Lito or Santa Marina Clinic.
But these clinics do not do blood tests.
You must go to blood clinics only, ie next door to Lito or just down from Santa Marina.
Blood tests differ for each individual (depends on which test you want) so no one can give you an idea on price.
Book into the blood clinic and ask them how much for etc etc.
I have numerous tests and mine cost 63 whilst my husbands are 7 each week.
HTH

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quote
zebede

Sorry, a bit late for your urgent need BUT I cannot praise the Lito Clinic enough. On my last trip out I was taken ill and my son took me to the Lito, it is one of the best equipped small hospitals that I have ever come across. They did the necessary x-rays and even a CAT (brain) scan - yes they actually found one - on the spot and had me up and sorted within three days. Biggest problem was getting BA to agree that I was OK to fly back to UK!!
Lito are great !!
Graeme
Urgent help with a doctor please 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines