Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Toddler Talk » Giving Birth at the General Hospital
Giving Birth at the General Hospital 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:07 am Reply with quote
KellyMarie
Pictures: 0

Hi all, I am currently seeing the female doctor at the maternity unit (cant for the life of me remember her name at the moment) at the general hospital. I have seen her twice so far and have to saw i am pleased with the treatment i have received so far, on both occasions i had scans and the doctor herself seems very pleasant and approachable.
I am slightly concerned though regarding the postings i have read about not been given any pain relief during labour (this is my first baby and i would prefer a natural birth rather than a c section) have any mums recently given birth at the hospital and if so can they shed any light on this? As natural as i want this birth to be i am sure i will need some pain relief???

Thanking you in advance
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:15 am Reply with quote
steph

Dont worry Kellymarie you are in good hands the staff at Famagusta maternity ward are excellent all the midwives and nurses are brilliant in my oppinion. I have had both my children there, my son aug 2008 and my daughter nov 2010. They seem to be improving all the time too. As far as medication its true there is no routine pain relief if its a straight forward natural birth which both of mine were. Of course it hurts but its not really that bad and when you hold your baby its all worth it and after a few weeks you'll even be considering doing it all again. Its really nothing to worry about you will be fine. Good luck hope all goes well for you.

Steph
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:28 pm Reply with quote
sarahconnor

I have had 3 children here in Cyprus, my first son in 2006 at the Napa Olympic clinic (private). My second son - jan 2010 and daughter - May 2011 at the general hospital. Unfortnatly for me all 3 of mine were c sections as i had pre eclampsia with the boys and my daughter was too close to 2nd child. So i cant comment on a natural birth, but i can definatly comment on the care at the hosp. I can not compare my experiences at the general and private clinics........the general hospital was fantastic!!!!!! The Drs and midwives were great and couldnt do enough for you. Child birth, either way.......isnt pleasant......but you are in fantastic hands!!!
I wish you all the best!! x
Giving Birth at the General Hospital 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Toddler Talk