Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Toddler Talk » Nurseries / schools in Derynia?
Nurseries / schools in Derynia? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:12 pm Reply with quote
emsyjo
Pictures: 14

Just wondering if anyone can give me any information on the nurseries and schools in Derynia - I know there are a few but not sure which type each one is and for what ages!

My son is 2 and I am looking to start him at nursery soon, so any information on what is available and procedures to be taken would be gratefully received.

I have seen a school by the viewpoint just off the high street and wondered what ages that is for, I assume it's maybe a preschool?

Has anyone used the nursery opposite 'The Local'?

Also what age do they start proper school just out of interest?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quote
michellek
Pictures: 0

Hi Emsyjo, My son goes to the Kindergarten just off the road that the local is on (f you go past discount plus and then take the next left (its the road with the blue arrow) its on the left there. There is another entrance but for my son's Kindergarten we used the back. This is a preschool for ages 4 - 6 I believe. They then go up to primary school at age 6. I know Dherynia 3 is opposite the Vinery and thats where my son's located primary school is. The kindergarten assist with the applications to the correct primary school etc. It all depends on your address.

The Kindergarten is fantastic, I cannot praise them enough. Harvey went straight in from UK primary school and didnt speak a word of Greek but his teachers made a huge effort to communicate with both me and Harvey and he loved it there, talking and writing in Greek within months.

If I was you I would go in there (they are closed now til 8th September) taking your sons passport as they will copy this for the application. If they are unable to take him they will point you in the right direction.

Sorry I cant explain the systems of the school more, I'm still learning it all myself !

Michelle
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Nurseries / schools in Derynia? 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Toddler Talk