Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Best Value £2.40 ......
Best Value £2.40 ...... 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:32 am Reply with quote
Milschoice04
Pictures: 0

My Pink Card -v- My Private Health Insurance

Last week I had cause for concern about a lump which seemed to suddenly begin to get bigger and rather inflamed. I decided that it was time to seek medical advice – if only to allay my fear that it might be a sign of the big “C” (isn’t it strange how the sight of a lump seem to trigger the fear of cancer?).

I telephoned my private health agents to enquire if, under the terms of my policy, I would be reimbursed for any fees incurred for consultation and any diagnosed treatment. Although they tried to be helpful, I could not get a straight yes or no because although I am covered for outpatient treatment, reimbursement was dependent on the outcome of the consultation etc etc…… In the end I decided to consult a doctor at Paralimni Hospital, and I have to say that apart from the queuing, in my opinion the service I received at Paralimni Hospital was excellent and on a par with private services.

The GP with whom I had my consultation was friendly and he told me quite clearly what my options for treatment were. When I decided to go ahead with the operation, he immediately telephoned the person in charge of surgery to ensure that the surgeon was working on that day. The GP then walked me to the reception desk to explain again what my exact requirements were and to re-confirm the surgeon's availability.
Within 20 minutes I met the surgeon who put me at ease and patiently and articulately explained the proposed surgery procedure. Half-an-hour later with stiches in place, surgery was completed, I was given clear after-care instructions, and I collected three items of medication from the Hospital Pharmacy.

Cost of the whole procedure of consultation with GP, Surgeon and three items of medication? £2.40
(Excellent service, no waiting weeks for appointment for op, and no prescription charges)

Mils

P.S..... I did think long and hard whether to stop paying for private health cover, but I shall continue to keep it in force because I do believe that there are areas that the Pink Card will not cover such as long term after care or repatriation in case of bigger and more serious medical incidents..........
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Mils,

Many thanks for posting that - much appreciated!

I hope that you are recovering OK and all the best!

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote
chuckie
Pictures: 0

Hello Mils,

What a relief for you.

No waiting for weeks on end for an appointment to see a consultant, then waiting for goodness knows how long for the operation. And all the time worrying what is wrong.

Good luck

Carol

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:06 pm Reply with quote
kipper889
Pictures: 5

Hi Mills,

So glad that you were sorted out quickly...sorry that sounds like a service on a car, but you know what I mean.

Hope you are feeling better after your op. Best wishes and thanks for posting your experience.

Ruth

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines