Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Weddings In Cyprus » Residents wanting to marry
Residents wanting to marry 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Sammyj
Pictures: 0

Hi there. I am just after some information at the moment about getting married if you are a resident here. My partner and I have lived in Cyprus for 4 years and I was wondering about documentation that we would need and where we would need to go to organise this? I have tried looking on the internet but all I can find is info for UK Residents getting married here. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks x
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

Take a look at Deryneia Municipality web site they should be able to help you and no agents fees!!!
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Sammyj

Many thanks. It says about a document from the Ministry of Interior who's website I have gone to but cant seem to get up in english for some reason. Think I must have a computer issue as the paralimni municipality site would change to english for me either. I suppose if I just go to the town hall they would be able to tell me where to go and what to do?!

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:39 pm Reply with quote
vgirl73

Hi.... How exciting!!!!! Me and hubby tied the knot here at paralimni town hall and we went in and made an apt , there us s special wedding room! They answered all the questions and it was easy!!!!

Good luck .... Sarah x x

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:44 am Reply with quote
dinkydan

Hi Sammyj

Speak to Irene at the town hall - her number is 23744268. She will be able to advise you.
We're getting married on the 9th June.
I must warn you that on wednesday(3 months before wedding as requested) i went to nicosia to complete the nesaccary documentation and they are being VERY VERY strict, they seem to have a BIG problem with British, Bulgarian and Applications from Ukraine....they are not allowing applications without a certificate of non impediment, which if you are a resident in cyprus, you cannot get whatsoever as registry offices in the uk will not give to you. (as you do not live in the country)
They are sooooo rude, so just to give you a heads up..get your affidavit from the paralimni court and do the correct procedure anyway...

I have spoken to the British High Commission and they are on the case, it seems 20 other British couples in the past 2 weeks have been refused so they said they are going to do something about it. Seems the Ministry of Inerior have changed the rules all of a sudden!
Irene will help you though.....there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel.....we hope!!!
Good luck
Residents wanting to marry 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Weddings In Cyprus