Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Cypriot Recipes & Music » Pork Bacon ribs loin what ever you like to call them !!!! Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote
AskCy
Pictures: 18

went in a hot oven for about 30-60 minutes.. then put in with the peas for a nice slow braise.... and they were !

(my dad once made ribs and peas when they first got a pressure cooker, many many years ago... not sure of times etc and cooked them a little too long... couldn't even find the bone..... lol )

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quote
dawnnett
Pictures: 1

Thanks Steve

Reason i asked iv got a fan oven and its very hot (range) so the putting in with the peas sounds good . so just brown them first then let them braise with the peas yummy i used to live in Bolton where every night we used to soak our peas
now living back in the midlands (black country) iv forgot some of the plain but very tasty dishes and seeing your ribs and peas bought it all back
my mother in law used to do something called bacon ribs and cabbage any ideas ? i know it was all boiled together but not sure what else went in the pot
Thanks steve ....your wasted not being a Chef Smile
Dawn
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #23   PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:09 pm Reply with quote
dawnnett

Steve

Do you put your roasted rib's in when you start your peas ?

Thank's
Dawn
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #24   PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
dawnnett

Forgot to say ...in with the peas Embarassed
once theyve been roasted
Dawn

Post: #25   PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:42 am Reply with quote
AskCy
Pictures: 18

get the peas going... maybe an hour... then add the ribs.. leave it going nice and slow for a good few hours more... if you put them in too long the ribs fall to bits...meat falls off... .. so let the peas make a start first....

Post: #26   PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:19 pm Reply with quote
dawnnett

Thanks steve

Dawn
Pork Bacon ribs loin what ever you like to call them !!!! 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Cypriot Recipes & Music