Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Weddings In Cyprus » what to do first ? Cyprus wedding.
what to do first ? Cyprus wedding. 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Ticketty Boo
Pictures: 0

What documentation is needed to book a wedding in Cyprus ?

Where does this documentataion need taking to ? ( wedding hopefully in Dherynia museum )

What can be done from over here in the UK ?

Not wanting to use a wedding planner/organiser.

Thanks for any help : )
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Cyprus wedding 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:50 pm Reply with quote
dan the man

Hi there Tickety Boo.

I have organised two weddings for my family in Cyprus (I am not a wedding planner/organiser). I live in Cyprus so it was easy for me to make the appropriate arrangements.

The first thing to do is to decide on your date and then contact the Paralimni Municipality to make sure the date is free (they have a website but I don't have the address now. Just type 'Paralimni Municipality' in Google). I think the site has details of where you can get married (there may be a link to the Derhynia Folk Museum), the fees and the papers you will need. A friend of ours got married there last year - it was a lovely little place. There will be an extra fee to pay (I think) if you are not getting married in the Town Hall.

You can arrange photographer, flowers, reception and cake when you get here - or if you want any help and for a small fee, I will help you. (Or I can get you contact numbers).

Good luck.

Lynn
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Ticketty Boo

That's a helpful site, thanks.
But...........does that mean that a wedding cannot be booked in May when we come over, for a wedding date in September ?
Says something about documents have to be dated within 3 months of the wedding date ?
Cyprus Wedding 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote
dan the man

It is best to book your date well in advance - the dates really do get full up very quickly!!! My cousin's wedding is in June this year but we booked it last September to ensure she can get her date/time. There are lots of weddings held here in Cyprus - in the Town Hall, in the other venues, in the hotels and the Wedding Co-ordinators will do their best to get their clients booked in. Weddings in the Town Hall are held in the morning as the Registrars go out to the venues in the afternoon. You have to register your date with the Town Hall and at the venue of your choice to make sure the venue can accommodate you on that date and time. I would advise you to contact Derynia Folk Museum asap to see if they are happy for you to get married there and on your chosen date. Then contact Paralimni Town Hall to tell them. When you come out in May you can go and speak with the people in Derynia about the arrangements.

The documents you will need must be valid for 3 months after your wedding. I told my family to go to their solicitor about 3 weeks before they come out for the wedding to swear the Statutory Declaration. The Statutory Declaration is to confirm that you are single and eligible to be married. If you or your partner is a divorcee, then the Declaration has to declare that you are now divorced, single and eligible to marry. You will also need to provide a copy of the Decree Nisi. You also have to produce your passports, birth certificates and the appropriate fee. The Folk Museum will also charge you a fee.

I hope the above explains a bit more for you. If you want to email me for more info, please feel free.

Lynn

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:00 am Reply with quote
Ticketty Boo

Thank you for all that advice............think I'd better get started !!

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:54 am Reply with quote
sarahconnor

Hi there.....i worked for a wedding arrangement company here in Cypus. Derynia Folkloric museum is a very pretty setting!!! As most people chose the Hotels for there weddings (which are VERY expensive!) it is highly unlikely that you wont be able to get your chosen date!

If you chose to marry at Derynia then you only need to contact Derynia Town Hall to book......not Paralimni as you will be in the Derynia district. So you will go to Derynia Town hall with your paperwork etc to apply for your marriage licence. Paralimni Town Hall wont have anything to do with it and wont need to be told of your wedding etc! Derynia Town Hall will issue the marriage cert etc. If you chose a venue in the Paralimni area or Ayia Napa area then you have to contact that relevant Town hall. I hope that makes sense!!!

Good luck with the planning!!!

Sarah

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quote
gemini06

Hi Ticketty Boo, I have emailed some recommondations that i know of. I hope it all helps Smile

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Ticketty Boo

You have all been so helpful "Thank you so much" Applause

Really starting to take shape now.

Please keep the advise coming.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quote
lindask

Dherynia Museum is lovely--just a short service ,take your own table top flower/candle arrangement if you want a keepsake .
Confetti not allowed within the walls ,but we chucked loads outside the 'gates'
It's a great place for photos--don't let anyone move on too fast -wander round and take photos .
Very relaxed place -take your time ,enjoy !

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:48 pm Reply with quote
pav
Pictures: 17

the statutory declaration can be done here for next to nothing 5 or 6 euro,s i think for the stamps and veryfying in the law court at paralimni.
we did our daughters in august when she arrived about a week and a half before her wedding.
re checking the dates for availablity all you need to do is phone them and they will book you in they wouldnt take any money from us until the bride/groom and witnesses arrived on the island for the wedding and presented themselves at the town hall.
good luck and have fun its really very very easy to sort out.
paul....

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:31 am Reply with quote
MrsBouvier
Pictures: 28

You may have come across this already:
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Also worth doing a search at the top of the page a lot of shared information....just a couple below:

Hope these help!

Best of luck...

what to do first ? Cyprus wedding. 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Weddings In Cyprus