Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Weddings In Cyprus » wedding in Cyprus
wedding in Cyprus 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:36 am Reply with quote
RN13
Pictures: 0

My niece is thinking of getting married in Cyprus next year (May or June). She has in mind possiby a beach wedding.
Either a boutique hotel or renting a villa. 60-70 guests.
Where to start?! Suggestions welcomed. thanks
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Wedding 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:14 am Reply with quote
SBS

Just Google 'Weddings in Cyprus'. There are loads of sites. A lot of the big hotels have chapels in their grounds. I don't think you can actually get married on the beach itself but I could be wrong. You could also contact the Secretary of the Anglican Church, she's very helpful. I renewed my vows 2 years ago and they have lists of places you can get married/renew vows etc and suggest places for receptions. Do a lot of research because, like in the UK, as soon as you mention 'wedding' the prices go sky high for receptions. There is also a wedding place in Protaras but that will come up on the Google search.

Two good hotels, but not cheap, are The Golden Coast, Pernera and Capo Bay Hotel, Protaras. I'm not sure if you have to actually stay in the hotels to be able to use their chapels though. I renewed my vows at the chapel at Atlantica Aenaes Hotel in Ayia Napa and you didn't have to stay there. It's right opposite Nissi Beach so you could go there and have your photos taken afterwards.

Good luck on the searching.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Wedding in Cyprus 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:58 am Reply with quote
steensrestaurant

A lot of the big hotels insist that the happy couple stay with them for a week leading up to the wedding. The Grecian Park hotel in Protaras is very nice and great for photos etc but very very expensive. If you think about here don't go for the sit-down meal option. I did for my daughter and it was rubbish. Apparently the BBQ option isn't bad though.

Good luck

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:47 pm Reply with quote
bored17

Look up MedWeds on the internet. We got married last year and used them.(We live here but we had no time to arrange everything) They took all the hasle away and everything was amazing. They do lots of different venues from Town Hall to the large hotels. We got married in Dherynia Folk Museum as we felt we would like a bit of Cyprus history as we live here. Give them a look up.
They will organise all the paperwork, cake, photography, cars, flowers, venue for wedding and venue for reception etc. They can even help with hire of villa and also hair and make up for the day.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quote
suze

I would recommend Aphrodite Weddings (www.marriageincyprus.com) We used them about 4 years ago and Jenny was absolutely brilliant. She can arrange everything or just help with the paperwork
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:25 pm Reply with quote
MrsBouvier
Pictures: 28

Some friends of mine are getting married this year at the Capo Bay hotel and along with my help have also used Aphrodite (who seem to be very good).
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

As has been said before I don't think getting married actually standing on the beach is an option this side of the Island anyway (I have it in my mind that one place in Paphos might do it on a private beach but not 100% sure).

The Capo Bay hotel in Protaras do not have a chapel but instead an outdoor decked area (or an indoor meeting room but why come to Cyprus for that?!?)...the website photos and a description do it absolutely no justice - it is a stunning location and just a path and a few sun beds on a grass verge between you and the beach...so pretty damned close!

You can do most of the arrangements yourself but you are best to get an agency like Aphrodite to organise the legal paperwork side of things to be 100% certain. The hotel will contact the town hall and book the slot for the priest etc....then the agency can offer packages like photographs, decoration of the reception area....what ever you decide to do. The hotel will throw in some form of decoration but as with most things in Cyprus it is all a bit of guess work when it comes to getting an exact straight forward answer on some things...a bit vague shall we say.

The Capo Bay's menu looks very nice, my friends have opted for a BBQ style buffet menu...there is no charge for the wedding reception venue hire as long as the couple are residents in the hotel (otherwise I think it is 500).

I could go on but might get a bit boring LOL so if you have any questions please drop me an email I am more than happy to let you know how I have got on with the planning, I started last June and they are getting married this May!

Oh just one more thing the Capo Bay website (
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

) mentions a wedding coordinator, although this is a free service it isn't really any help at all as I was told the hotel do not offer a "wedding organiser" only their public relations manager, who I should add is very helpful and knows her job well but literally will just take the booking, show you around etc...she can give you contact details for entertainment etc she does not hold your hand through the process which is more the role of the wedding agency.

Hope this helps!

wedding in Cyprus 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Weddings In Cyprus