Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Restaurants in Larnaca
Restaurants in Larnaca 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:19 am Reply with quote
Fiona123
Pictures: 0

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of good restaurants within the Larnaca area (centre Larnaca if possible). Any type of restaurant (greek, italian, mexican, chinese etc) would be great.

Thanks all!!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:06 am Reply with quote
zam

A good Greek restaurant we like is mellitses (spl?) just further up past the fort in Larnaca itself, towards mackenzie, along the sea front.
The meat cooked in traditional ovens with the potatoes, just falls off the bone and is lovely. You can easily walk from Larnaca town.

Stone grill is good for steaks. It is in the town centre not far from where the saturday fruit and veg market is held, sorry not sure of actual street name.

Ban Thai is also very nice, but more expensive (side street towards fort end of Larnaca.

My Son and partner have said the chinese retaurant on the front in Larnaca towards the fort with Large gold Buddha outside (well it was there last time we visited ! is one of the best chinese meals they have eaten. Have not tried that one myself though as My Husband cannot eat Chinese.

At the other end of the sea front towards the marina end is Hobos steak house. We usually like to eat upstairs and they have an outside balcony area . You go up in the lift for the up stairs restaurant.

Another place we have enjoed is the Art Cafe. A wine bar downstairs and Quirky arty restaurant upstairs. The menu choice is quite small but always enjoyable ,also home cooked with traditional greek dishes. We have always found the owners to be very friendly and helpful particularly if you have any special dietary needs.
To get to the Art Cafe you need to walk along the sea front towards Marina end, turn left at Sun Hall Hotel and cross the road. The art cafe is on the right hand side of the little street opposite. I am sorry I have not got more detail of road name.

Hope you find something to suit you which I am sure you will as there are lots ,with new ones appearing each time we visit. marian Smile
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote
Pinkmist

The chinese restaurant you mention is called Feng's House Zam, thats our usual take away, and is very good Smile
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:02 am Reply with quote
Christo

I think you will find the Art Cafe has closed down, unless it has reopened recently with new owners.

Chris

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:23 pm Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed

Fiona I wouldn't bother with any around the Finnikothes area....head past Meliges towards Mackenzie the first restaurant on your right as soon as you get to the end of the road before Varoshiotis fish tavern......Pariasiko piado which means traditional plate...Best Fish meze....steaks....etc best prices...the same guy who owns Charmers...try you wont be disappointed

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:30 pm Reply with quote
dagwood

Christo wrote:
I think you will find the Art Cafe has closed down, unless it has reopened recently with new owners.

Chris

If correct, that is a crying shame - I always found the place to be refreshingly 'different'!

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:41 pm Reply with quote
devil
Pictures: 1

By far the best place for fish (they have non-fish, as well) is Zephyros on the LH side going from the fort to Mackenzie, by the fishing harbour (opposite immigration). Try the Sea Bass, it is exquisite, served with a lemon/virgin olive oil sauce, with your chips on a separate plate. They must have at least a dozen kinds of freshly-caught fish.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:17 pm Reply with quote
jb1

I agree - Zephyros is the best fish restaurant in town. I believe Ban Thai closed several months ago and I didn't think it was that good really.

There is also Vialle and Momo opposite the American Academy.

Joyce

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

Between fort and airport:
Cuckoo's Nest
Monte Carlo
Militzis (My fave! Sheeps Head on the menu!!)
Varoshiotis

Near the Prom:
To Dichorio (Somewhere in the Laiki Geitonia area)

Between town and port:
Appetito's Pizza
To Pytharki

The Strip (Larnaka - Dhekelia road):
The Coral Inn
Lysia

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:31 am Reply with quote
Fiona123

thanks all for your recommendations......looking forward to trying them!!

anyone know of a good Italian restaurant??

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quote
Beverley

Hi

My son swears by Spaghetteria Italia in the road opposite the American Academy. The lady owner is Italian and does lots of home cooking, nice atmosphere in there as well.

Bev

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:44 am Reply with quote
Christo

Just to say that I may have confused "The Art Cafe" with "The Art Lounge"
Sorry...........

Chris

Post: #13   PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quote
jcd

A good Italian (an offshoot of Pizza Express) is Marzano, on Makarios Avenue III, opposite Larnaca Police Station. Pizza, Pasta, Salads, Meat & Fish dishes, drinks are reasonable, and on Friday night a live trio.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Sparky Pal

Hi,

HOBOS Steak house is excellent, but a little pricey, but well worth it for the special ocassion.
It is situated along the promenade.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

Oooooohhhhh, don't get me started.
Hobo's in the morning with the Cyprus Mail and a frappe. Can't wait!!

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:44 am Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

Campanario ..... opposite Metro supermarket is great for steaks and offers classy unobtrusive service................... outdoor garden area while the weather is warm.
Restaurants in Larnaca 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area