Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries » Mary and Bill's Moving Diary
Mary and Bill's Moving Diary 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:13 am Reply with quote
contrarymary
Pictures: 0

We had decided that we were going to move here in July, but some things got in the way, we had to go to America to sell my house there, came back to Cardiff, rented a flat there as we knew we were going to move, then we had to go to America again for 3 weeks in June for a wedding, but we had already been over here in April to find somewhere to rent, we decided to rent for a year to make sure we liked it, so at least we had somewhere to live. So many different things happened. We then decided that we wanted to bring to car with us and found out about Grimaldi, we then had to wait a couple of weeks because the ships were all booked, to cut a long story short, we booked with them, that was fine, we packed up our flat and gave our notice in, I think we were supposed to be sailing on the 8th September, but a couple of days before we were off, we had a phonecall from Grimaldi saying that the ship was going to be late so we were'nt sailing until the 10th so we had to go and ask the landlord if we could have one more day in the flat, luckily he said we could. We packed up the car, couldn't see out of the back wi ndow, we had bought a top box so we had extra room and we were off to Southampton.

We finally arrived at the booking place in Southampton only to be told that we weren't able to sail on that day as the car had to be completely empty, we were devastated but told we had to go to another place and have a word with them. Luckily this was all a mistake, apparently the man that we first saw thought that the car was going on the ship and we were flying so it was all sorted.

Finally we got on the ship, we had an inside cabin with bunk beds, very small and narrow and no window but we k new we had to put up with this, all the crew were lovely but the food was awful, it is great if you like pasta, which I don't, anyway, that is another story.

There were 7 passengers on the ship, who were all very nice, in actual fact one of them, I found out, was one of my favourite writers and I just happened to be reading one of her books at the time and she is going to send me a copy of her new book.

We finally arrived in Limassol on the 21st September after visiting Salerno in Italy, Piraeus in Greece and Ishmir in Turkey.

It was so great to get to our new home and we are very happy here in Kapparis.

I hope you aren't bored reading all this, sorry it is so long.

Arrow
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Blondes are intelligent
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:43 am Reply with quote
telhornby

Hi Bill & Mary, we will be making the same trip over in 4 weeks. We are bringing our car over with us as an accompanied vehicle. We are unsure about what happens when we will arrive at the dock. Can you help us with the following: Do Grimaldi process everything for the car through customs? Will we need to pay any fees for the car at the dock side? Can we drive away on the day we land? Do we need any other documentation apart from the logbook for the car? Any help would be appreciated. Terry & Linda
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:52 pm Reply with quote
contrarymary

[quote="telhornby"]Hi Bill & Mary, we will be making the same trip over in 4 weeks. We are bringing our car over with us as an accompanied vehicle. We are unsure about what happens when we will arrive at the dock. Can you help us with the following: Do Grimaldi process everything for the car through customs? Will we need to pay any fees for the car at the dock side? Can we drive away on the day we land? Do we need any other documentation apart from the logbook for the car? Any help would be appreciated. Terry & Linda[/quote

Depending what time you arrive and what day. We arrived on a Friday, they have half day, because the ship was late we had to pay extra, Bill isnt here at the moment, I cant remember how much but I will let you know when he gets back.

Blondes are intelligent

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:08 pm Reply with quote
contrarymary

Hi Terry and Linda, we had to pay about 250cy, not sure what that is in euros but if you arrive on any other day there should be no charge and yes you can drive it out once the paper work has been sorted.. If you need any more help, let us know. Good luck and I hope you like pasta Laughing Laughing

Blondes are intelligent
Mary and Bill's Moving Diary 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries