Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Chinese
Chinese 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quote
chrysi
Pictures: 0

Hi!

Has anyone tried the chinese opposite the post office in Larnaca?

Chrysi
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:32 pm Reply with quote
bbc

Hi Chrysi,

We use that all the time, we have tried nearly every other chinese restaurant in and around Larnaca and have found that to be the most authentic to our taste and no dearer than the other so called better ones.
I will say about the only one we havent tried yet, that everyone says is good is the one on Makarios Avenue on the left heading towards the port, not sure what its called.

Peter
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:33 pm Reply with quote
hatzyian
Pictures: 10

Thats probably the Tiapei Town, havent been there for quite some time, but it used to be very good. what I would call an upmarket chinese.
We usually go to their other resturant, Fengs House, on the sea front, down the fort end. Always found the food good, and they do a takeaway service as well.

If you can't be good, be careful
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:33 pm Reply with quote
chrysi

Thanks Peter- will give it a go then!!

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:06 am Reply with quote
bbc

We tried the Taipei Town last night just to say we have been there, imho we were not very impressed at all with the food.
The surroundings were very nice, the service was excellent and the prices were acceptable.
Probably if this is the first Chinese you've ever visited you would be impressed, as the food is plentiful but tasteless, my wife ordered a chicken sweetcorn that was so thick and sweet (with only 1 small piece of chicken in it Smile ) the spoon could actually stand in it and the prawn curry was so thin it could've been coloured water with a few veggies and 4 prawns thrown in and as for the barbecue ribs they were laughable.
I could comment on everything we had but i think you get the idea.
Again this is only my opinion but not shared by a lot of other people as they are always busy, needless to say we will be sticking to where we know. Laughing

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:58 pm Reply with quote
wellerman

Just up from Taipie on the same side is Mulan, easily the best in Larnaca, further up the road, traffic lights near the EKO garage, turn left, then left again and its on your right.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Ken of Kiti
Pictures: 6

I would go along with the Mulan being a superb venue. Their food is excellent; the service is fantastic and you wine and dine in exquisite surroundings.

They might be a little bit pricier than other places? If yes then not by much! Their drink is a bit pricey, however, one goes to a Chinese restaurant for the food and anyway you donít need to drink too many.

I would definitely recommend them for a special night out.

Ken

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Sparky Pal

I tried the Taipie once, its decor was very inviting, staff very nice, but the food was c**p, they even brought out the main meal and left it on the table, while we were still eating our starters.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:53 am Reply with quote
a7jny

Hi

Has anyone tried the Rice Bowl Chinese & Thai restaurant on the Dhekilia Road, heard they do a buffet on friday nights? Any good?

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote
Steve T

Not tried this one but would recommend the House of Tan Li in Pervolia. Excellent food & service and reasonably priced

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:43 pm Reply with quote
mot man
Pictures: 1

"The House of Tan Li" gets our vote too!!!!

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Tina Torment

chrysi wrote:
Hi!

Chrysi

Yesterday, we went to try this place only to find newspapers covering the windows and a big sign in Greek on the door (no idea what it said.) Does anybody know if it's just closed for refurshing or has it shut down completely?? Crying or Very sad

I meant refurbish..ish..(hic)...ishing......must take more water with it lol!

Last edited by Tina Torment on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Re: Chinese 
Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:03 am Reply with quote
bbc

Tina Torment wrote:
chrysi wrote:
Hi!

Chrysi

Yesterday, we went to try this place only to find newspapers covering the windows and a big sign in Greek on the door (no idea what it said.) Does anybody know if it's just closed for refurshing or has it shut down completely?? Crying or Very sad

Closed for refurb (i hope)
Re:cHinse Restaurants 
Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:40 am Reply with quote
chris
Pictures: 1

We recommend the House of Tan Li in Pervolia, better than Fengs in Larnaca.

Chris & Chrysi

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area